Two reservations at one time

Old Sep 27, 19, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Two reservations at one time

Will be getting a car right before Christmas at DEN. Now I have an intermediate car and an intermediate SUV reservation, but the SUV is $250 more expensive than the car. Hopefully can just get an SUV from ultimate choice (but don't know how it will be that day at the airport...). The problem is that if the system catches me have two reservations that day, will there be any problem? Thanks!!
Old Sep 27, 19, 4:44 am

A month ago, I'd have told you no problem. But it looks like the Hertz system is now looking for duplicate reservations. You'll probably get an e-mail a few days prior asking which one you'd like to cancel.
Old Sep 27, 19, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SixAlpha View Post
A month ago, I'd have told you no problem. But it looks like the Hertz system is now looking for duplicate reservations. You'll probably get an e-mail a few days prior asking which one you'd like to cancel.
Yea I indeed already got the email asking what I want, I selected I wanted both. But since the system is changed, I wonder is there gonna be something new when I pick it up...
Also will the agent make a fuss about it?
Old Sep 27, 19, 7:30 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Are you traveling with someone else? Why not make keep the ICAR reservation under your name and put the IFAR reservation under a fellow traveler's name? We'd also set the pickup time for the IFAR reservation to a couple of hours later than you plan to arrive so there's still time to cancel it if you get something from the UC section. Once the pickup time has passed, it's no longer possible to cancel via the app/online.

Also keep in mind that prices often change as the pickup date approaches. It's worth tracking both reservations for price drops.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
Are you traveling with someone else? Why not make keep the ICAR reservation under your name and put the IFAR reservation under a fellow traveler's name? We'd also set the pickup time for the IFAR reservation to a couple of hours later than you plan to arrive so there's still time to cancel it if you get something from the UC section. Once the pickup time has passed, it's no longer possible to cancel via the app/online.

Also keep in mind that prices often change as the pickup date approaches. It's worth tracking both reservations for price drops.
Thank you very much, that is a way to do it. But will they find out when we add additional driver? I think they can still see the reservation even if it's cancelled.

The main concern I have now is that the pickup time is right before the holiday, so worry about what they would actually have there.

Also I'm not 25 yet so at least from what I found from hertz web, all additional drivers even AAA members have to be at least 25?
Old Sep 28, 19, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by doglynx View Post
Thank you very much, that is a way to do it. But will they find out when we add additional driver? I think they can still see the reservation even if it's cancelled.

The main concern I have now is that the pickup time is right before the holiday, so worry about what they would actually have there.

Also I'm not 25 yet so at least from what I found from hertz web, all additional drivers even AAA members have to be at least 25?
The additional driver won't be a problem from the perspective of "finding out", plus as mentioned earlier, just make the backup reservation for a little later and then cancel it from your phone before you check out.

The age could be a problem though. They may let you add a driver over 20 or 21, but they definitely won't let you add an 18 or 19 year-old. That I know from experience. You may just have to suck it up and decide whether you want to take your chance with UC or pay more to guarantee the vehicle you want.
Old Sep 28, 19, 5:28 am
Original Poster

The additional driver won't be a problem from the perspective of "finding out", plus as mentioned earlier, just make the backup reservation for a little later and then cancel it from your phone before you check out.

The age could be a problem though. They may let you add a driver over 20 or 21, but they definitely won't let you add an 18 or 19 year-old. That I know from experience. You may just have to suck it up and decide whether you want to take your chance with UC or pay more to guarantee the vehicle you want.
Thanks!! I'll just keep the two reservations to find out...still a lot of time
Old Sep 28, 19, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by doglynx View Post
Thanks!! I'll just keep the two reservations to find out...still a lot of time
Be sure to track them for lower rates. A lot can change in a few months.
Old Sep 28, 19, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Be sure to track them for lower rates. A lot can change in a few months.
Will do! Thank you so much

Search this Thread