Incorrectly charged for fill-up

Old Sep 11, 19, 2:20 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Incorrectly charged for fill-up

A friend of mine rented a car in downtown San Francisco and returned it at Las Vegas airport. He drove off with a tank that was only 50% filled up. He has a picture and had this written down on his contract.

He was advised to return the car with a half tank. When he returned the car they made no point of this but some days later a charge was made to his credit card for filling up the car.

What's the best way to deal with this? So far he has tried to contact hertz through their website but they don't respond. Should he contact the office directly?
Old Sep 11, 19, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold 1MM, AS MVP 75K, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Usually contacting Hertz via the website works, though it may take a few days. He can also try calling customer service. I think that is a better strategy than dealing with the las vegas location.
Old Sep 11, 19, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
like Noah suggested, your best bet is calling CS, as calling the Vegas location would be less fruitful.
Old Sep 11, 19, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The website will take less of his time, but take longer. Calling will take more of his time but be fixed sooner. All depends how much it matters that the extra charge stays where it is for a few extra days.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 4:05 pm

Reaching out via DM on twitter helped me often with incorrect charges, they’re quite responsive there
m907 likes this.

Search this Thread