Redeem points in New Zealand, max 1 week?

Old Sep 4, 19, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Redeem points in New Zealand, max 1 week?

I was researching on redeeming my Hertz points for a two weeks rental in New Zealand. When I tried to book online, it only gave me the option to redeem one week and pay for the rest of the days. I called their international reservation number, it also have the same result. However, the agent over the phone could not give me a 'yes' or 'no' answer if the max time I can redeem is 1 week only.

On their web page, it appears that for US/Canada it shows two weeks options, but not if you change to New Zealand. I haven't rented anything longer than two weeks. So in US/Canada, you can redeem points for max of 2 weeks, in this case, correct? So, likely in New Zealand, max will be one week.

Want to check and confirm my assumption on this. Thanks in advanced.

New Zealand as the country.

US as the country.
Old Sep 4, 19, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is clear on the Hertz rewards page at https://www.hertz.com.au/rentacar/em...points-program what awards are permitted

Under New Zealand, it shows that 1 week is the maximum rental award period

You could make 2 x 1 week award bookings as long as you don't mind returning to the drop off / 2nd pick up rental location after 1 week to change contracts
Old Sep 4, 19, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
It is clear on the Hertz rewards page at https://www.hertz.com.au/rentacar/em...points-program what awards are permitted

Under New Zealand, it shows that 1 week is the maximum rental award period

You could make 2 x 1 week award bookings as long as you don't mind returning to the drop off / 2nd pick up rental location after 1 week to change contracts
Thanks !!

Search this Thread