FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Pickup up from LGA, can I return in JFK? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1985127-pickup-up-lga-can-i-return-jfk.html)

James Ben Aug 29, 19 7:44 pm

Pickup up from LGA, can I return in JFK?
 
I picked up the car from LGA, and was scheduled to return it to the same airport, but my flight from LGA got cancelled, and I will probably be flying out from JFK, so will need to return the car there. Does anyone know if hertz will cause an issue, or charge an extra fee?

I know if you return at a different location than quoted on the reservation, they can charge you a "one-way" fee. however, I seem to remember from years ago that it was ok to interchange LGA/JFK (and possibly EWR. can anyone confirm one way or another?

Thanks!

AutoSlash Aug 29, 19 7:57 pm

Typically there will be an extra charge. You can call Hertz at 800-654-4174 and they can give you an exact amount for the new return location. Have your rental contract handy as they will need the RA# off of it.

James Ben Aug 29, 19 8:24 pm


Originally Posted by AutoSlash (Post 31471835)
Typically there will be an extra charge. You can call Hertz at 800-654-4174 and they can give you an exact amount for the new return location. Have your rental contract handy as they will need the RA# off of it.

Thanks, do you know approx what ranges the charge would be for this? I will probably call but I've found many times hertz website and phone agents quote fee amounts which turn out to be wrong

FlyinHawaiian Aug 29, 19 8:48 pm

When the construction started at LGA a few years ago, Hertz put a waiver on one-way fees between LGA and JFK, so hopefully if you call and change the drop-off station, you will be covered. The weekend one-way fee out of LGA is around $50, IIRC.

TerryK Aug 30, 19 7:12 am


Originally Posted by James Ben (Post 31471907)
Thanks, do you know approx what ranges the charge would be for this? I will probably call but I've found many times hertz website and phone agents quote fee amounts which turn out to be wrong

It depends on your rental rate plan. I have seen $0-$50.

guv1976 Aug 30, 19 9:47 am


Originally Posted by James Ben (Post 31471806)
I picked up the car from LGA, and was scheduled to return it to the same airport, but my flight from LGA got cancelled, and I will probably be flying out from JFK, so will need to return the car there. Does anyone know if hertz will cause an issue, or charge an extra fee?

I know if you return at a different location than quoted on the reservation, they can charge you a "one-way" fee. however, I seem to remember from years ago that it was ok to interchange LGA/JFK (and possibly EWR. can anyone confirm one way or another?

Thanks!

Just because you will be flying out of JFK doesn't mean that you need to return the car there. Depending on whether Hertz decides to charge you a drop fee, you might still opt to return the car to LGA, and take public transportation or a taxi/Uber/Lyft from Avis LGA to your JFK terminal. Considerations might include how much time before your flight you would be returning the car, and also how much baggage you will have with you.

James Ben Aug 30, 19 1:30 pm


Originally Posted by guv1976 (Post 31473470)
Just because you will be flying out of JFK doesn't mean that you need to return the car there. Depending on whether Hertz decides to charge you a drop fee, you might still opt to return the car to LGA, and take public transportation or a taxi/Uber/Lyft from Avis LGA to your JFK terminal. Considerations might include how much time before your flight you would be returning the car, and also how much baggage you will have with you.

Thanks, I thought about that,

However, in the end, I may be flying out of EWR. so that option would be more complicated

91StealthES Sep 3, 19 3:27 pm

May be my corporate agreement, but Iíve picked up and returned from different airports around NYC (LGA, JFK, EWR, ISP) and never had a drop or one way fee.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:56 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.