Hertz website woes

Old Aug 20, 19, 2:27 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Posts: 1,872
Hertz website woes

I am having numerous problems using Hertz's web site recently with all sorts of error messages. This happened two weeks ago and it's happening again today. Is anyone else having problems. I'm using Chrome in Windows
MrAOK is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 8:52 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta Gold, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 282
Yes. I cannot log in. It won't accept the same password I've been using for three years.
melissaru is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 5:13 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Posts: 1,872
It seems to just be screwed up in Chrome. The site works fine in Firefox
MrAOK is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 8:42 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 85
I noticed a few weeks ago that when I was having website issues, my mobile app still worked and I was able to reserve with that. That was not the case last night, both stopped working, but it might be worth a shot to try the mobile app when this happens.
goldrush3 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 4:22 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,948
Hertz's website is a perpetual disaster.
m907 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 20, 12:58 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: GEG/DEN/ATL
Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Posts: 312
Anyone else having issues. I can't seem to be able to login since yesterday... gives me this error message:
  • DZX006-46-ERR-39776-80 - We are unable to process your request. Please try your submission again or Contact Usfor assistance. [DZX006]
mdbe is offline  
Old Apr 15, 20, 1:36 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DSM
Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL GM, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, Hertz PC
Posts: 647
Originally Posted by mdbe View Post
Anyone else having issues. I can't seem to be able to login since yesterday... gives me this error message:
  • DZX006-46-ERR-39776-80 - We are unable to process your request. Please try your submission again or Contact Usfor assistance. [DZX006]
Been trying to rent a car on/off for the last 2 hours. Sometimes get logged in but can't complete the reservation, won't update profile change (to add back in insurance) and displays wrong status when I do get logged in. App and Firefox. This doesn't resolve shortly will be ANOTHER rental with National ...
dorisrpas is offline  
Old Apr 15, 20, 1:58 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles, California
Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 3,398
Originally Posted by dorisrpas View Post
Been trying to rent a car on/off for the last 2 hours. Sometimes get logged in but can't complete the reservation, won't update profile change (to add back in insurance) and displays wrong status when I do get logged in. App and Firefox. This doesn't resolve shortly will be ANOTHER rental with National ...
I have been able to update reservations in Firefox over the last hour. Firefox is my preferred browser for Hertz because it will default to the old website when trying to update a reservation. There are other issues that cropped up in the last few weeks, including now, when I try to update a reservation it will select the dates from the last reservation updated (even if I haven't been logged in for days) or searched. I have to watch the dates closely.
CalItalian is offline  
Old Apr 15, 20, 2:09 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: GEG/DEN/ATL
Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Posts: 312
Originally Posted by CalItalian View Post
I have been able to update reservations in Firefox over the last hour. Firefox is my preferred browser for Hertz because it will default to the old website when trying to update a reservation. There are other issues that cropped up in the last few weeks, including now, when I try to update a reservation it will select the dates from the last reservation updated (even if I haven't been logged in for days) or searched. I have to watch the dates closely.
that is the weird part though. Firefox reverts me back to the old site where i get the error message. The new site logs in fine but won’t reserve.
mdbe is offline  
Old Apr 15, 20, 4:51 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DSM
Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL GM, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, Hertz PC
Posts: 647
I finally did get a reservation thru the app, but still doesnt have my status right. Delta was down this morning for a while ... maybe sunspots!
dorisrpas is offline  
Old Jul 6, 20, 10:12 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: GEG/DEN/ATL
Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Posts: 312
After 2 months and about 10 rentals with competitors, I'm able to login again...
mdbe is offline  
Old Jul 23, 20, 10:12 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: YEG
Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Posts: 333
Beyond frustrated.

I would log into the website, and would be signed out during the (few minutes long) session, weirdest thing.

BUT what really got me was I made a reservation and chose "pay now", saving $30 or so, why not. The reservation was completed, and at no point did I have to input my email address or my credit card. I got the confirmation email, and the pending charge on my card. Logged in later that evening to see my reservation. Not there. App? Not there. When I called them, they basically told me that I had not logged in when I made the reservation. Given the way it was processed, I call BS. Apparently no way to link the reservation to my membership ID after the fact (really??) and a ton of money to add an extra driver.

Anyway, I cancelled the reservation. Lady on the phone told me if I do it within the first 24 hours there are no fees, etc. I didn't have time to read the T&C, really hope she was right about that. Made another reservation through the app, that seems to have worked properly.

Oh, and the app spits out error messages, but when I click/tap a second time to ask it to do the thing it just refused... it miraculously happens. I just can't! Ton of work, trying to get things set up before I go on my vacation in a day, this is the last thing I had time for. I always have time to post on here and vent though. Ha.
bambinomartino is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: