FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Complimentary Hertz Valet Service for President's Circle (15/20/30 Rentals) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1981692-complimentary-hertz-valet-service-presidents-circle-15-20-30-rentals.html)

FlyinHawaiian May 8, 2019 4:39 am

Complimentary Hertz Valet Service for President's Circle (15/20/30 Rentals)

Has anyone had any experience with the new Hertz Valet service? I just completed my 15th rental for this year and wouldn't mind getting a drive back for my next rental. I'm curious to know if the benefit is somehow automatically offered or if you have to request it. Thanks.

docbert May 10, 2019 12:14 am

Valet isn't a benefit of PC as such - it's a "4 times a year" thing if you have PC status. If your thinking is that because you're going to get PC status on your 16th rental, I would not presume that'll automatically give you a free drive-back, and in fact I'd be surprised if it did.

schley Jul 5, 2019 6:08 am

Would be very interested in the valet perk as I usually am always in big airports (ord, lax, nyc) so this has quite a bit of value. The one limitation could be you never see what is in the ultimate choice section if you want to change out your reserved car.

The platinum tier is held by no one I know but would be willing to purchase this tier if available and not obscenely priced.

FlyinHawaiian Aug 5, 2019 11:12 am

Just completed my 24th rental for the year at LAX and asked for the complimentary valet service perk for the first time to get a ride back to the Hyatt LAX. The agent wasn't aware of the perk or how to code it; she agreed to comp it. I would have let her charge me for it and take it up with Hertz after the fact, if I needed. I hope others have better experiences!

missingcolours Aug 5, 2019 12:21 pm

After my 15th rental, I started getting "You’ve earned a free terminal drop-off" emails the day of my scheduled return with a link to "Reserve Now".

After clicking the link, I got a confirmation email:
Thank you for selecting Hertz Valet - our terminal drive-back service. Here's how it works:
- Pull up to the front of any open return lane when you arrive
- Show this e-mail to a Hertz representative to verify and secure your ride

(Can't speak to how they actually handle it, I didn't end up using it on that rental)

FlyinHawaiian Oct 15, 2019 8:13 am

I was finally able to use this service at SEA on my 32nd rental this year. The service and process is very much similar to Platinum Return; I entered the return lane and told the agent I was requesting Valet Service and showed a copy of my confirmation email. The main check was to confirm the date of the email and then another agent drove us back to the terminal in the car I had rented. The nice thing is you do not have to specify the exact time you are returning the car.

melissaru Oct 21, 2019 12:46 am

I've been PC for three years and never heard of this as a complimentary service. I get the emails asking if I want to take advantage of the service for a $30 surcharge (um, no), but never free. Is this a stated benefit that I missed?

Long Train Runnin Oct 24, 2019 8:22 am

I am sitting at 20 Rentals for the year right now.

My rental next week is at IAH where something like this would be great.

I never got an email from rental 15 to 20, but some of those were at small locations like, LGB and DAY, etc...

I guess I just need to wait and hope I get an email the day before I drop off my car?

rylan Oct 24, 2019 10:36 am

I've never heard of this program either... is there some secret for how and where it works, and who gets the email?

ZapperO Jan 17, 2020 9:24 am

Bumping this to see if anyone has had recent experience? I’ve been PC for years and never got any emails about this. Recently discovered the Valet service and used it at PHX which was great but was charged $35. This was upon my 15th rental which I thought it meant it would be comped but agents at PHX did the drive back no problem but couldn’t waive the fee on their end and I was charged $35. Have been appealing this with Hertz’s Twitter team via DM and they insist “I apologize for the confusion, this service is offered to President circle members, however it is not free. When accepting the service a email should be sent to you explaining the terms and conditions of this offer.- Ana”

Anyone have any advice on how to get Hertz to honor this benefit now or in the future? Thanks!!!

wecnews727 Oct 2, 2022 3:07 pm

So I totally got excited when I heard of this program.

I thought it meant I could drive my car straight to the terminal, curbside, get out and go in and someone from hertz would meet me there bring it to the rental car center for me. hahaha

Basically it's just a private ride to the terminal, big whoop, I can ride the bus with the masses. hahaha

TravelinSperry Dec 14, 2023 1:34 am

Anyone used this recently? Anyone getting emails for it? I've never heard of it or received any emails about it. And I've been Hertz PC for years.