Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Best fleet ever"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bjam99
I've still never understood why they don't just move the premium upgrade vehicles with higher mileage to PC for the last few thousand miles whilst they're on fleet. At least then you're giving PC customers some decent rentals. I'd take/risk a RR Sport on 34,000 miles over a brand spanking new 300
if I had the choice between paying extra for a low mileage premium upgrade vs pulling a higher mileage version of the exact same vehicle off the PC row at no additional cost, I would take the higher mileage vehicle everytime. I suspect a lot of other people would too and that is why Hertz will not do what you are suggesting.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

It's been several years since it was explained to me, but there is an algorithm that determines the inventory "cost" incurred by a location. The cost decreases as the vehicle accumulates miles and ages.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ng1265
Out of curiosity, and at the risk of veering off-thread, from a European perspective what is wrong with the Chrysler 300?
Nothing at all, in my opinion. It's a big RWD sedan that always comes with leather seats and a good sound system and often a sunroof. It's got nice power and decent gas mileage under the right condition. I think folks are just tired of the lack of variety in premium cars.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bjam99
It drives like a mid-size cruise ship and whilst I generally like the UConnect system, it just feels so utterly 2002. I'm over it. I would honestly prefer to take an Equinox over it. Honest to god! An Equinox! quelle horreur!
To the contrary, I think Uconnect is one of the best in the business, especially the updated version they started rolling out last year. It's extremely easy to use and offers a lot of customization.
tb17 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.