FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Hertz at Malaga Airport (AGP) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1977686-hertz-malaga-airport-agp.html)

boeingguy1 Jul 11, 2019 9:16 am

Hertz at Malaga Airport (AGP)

Hi Folks!

Tried searching, but couldn't find anything related to experiences at Malaga (AGP), renting with Hertz. 5* member here, will be picking up a standard estate wagon at this location in a month's time. First time to the city, will be driving around the south of Spain for a week. How's the Hertz at AGP?

pushmyredbutton Jul 12, 2019 3:11 am

Originally Posted by boeingguy1 (Post 31292737)
Hi Folks!

Tried searching, but couldn't find anything related to experiences at Malaga (AGP), renting with Hertz. 5* member here, will be picking up a standard estate wagon at this location in a month's time. First time to the city, will be driving around the south of Spain for a week. How's the Hertz at AGP?

It's alright. I picked up there a few weeks ago as a PC member. You need to stop by the counter first, and you'll be given the keys and directed to the parking garage. I reserved the tiniest car possible, and was given a mid-size SUV (manual). Returning is easy, there's no drop off, you just park in any Hertz stall, and get someone to check out the car for you.

AGP is known for a lot of scams when it comes to the sketchy rental companies, such as charging for tiny scratches and the like. No funny business at Hertz AGP and it's easy.

boeingguy1 Aug 22, 2019 8:24 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton (Post 31295556)
It's alright. I picked up there a few weeks ago as a PC member. You need to stop by the counter first, and you'll be given the keys and directed to the parking garage. I reserved the tiniest car possible, and was given a mid-size SUV (manual). Returning is easy, there's no drop off, you just park in any Hertz stall, and get someone to check out the car for you.

AGP is known for a lot of scams when it comes to the sketchy rental companies, such as charging for tiny scratches and the like. No funny business at Hertz AGP and it's easy.

Thanks for responding! I found the agents at AGP to be friendly (a little pushy trying to sell me insurance, but backed off when I told them I have $0 deductible with my Amex Premium Insurance through my Gold Card).

Only downside is the parking garage setup they have for rental cars at AGP, extremely tight corners and parking spaces, so beware (this is for all rental agencies).

Wound up returning the car with a massive scratch on the front panel (we got attacked by a gate without a motion sensor!) and they sent me a bill, with pictures, and Amex covered the whole thing.

I'd rent from this location again.