FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   ORD - avoiding the shuttle? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1977503-ord-avoiding-shuttle.html)

yno Jul 10, 19 6:22 am

ORD - avoiding the shuttle?
 
Hi,

I have already had the chance at ORD to be driven to the terminal by hertz staff when giving back the car. Great service when you have children.
Do you know if a similar service exists when picking up a car? We'll have our children with us and in case we manage to avoid the shuttle... :-) Hertz gold if that helpds.

Thanks

AutoSlash Jul 10, 19 6:44 am

Terminal drive back is something that is offered on a case-by-case basis and it not guaranteed except for Hertz Platinum Members. Terminal pickup is only offered to Hertz Platinum members, which is now by invite only (you used to be able to purchase it). Unfortunately, you'll need to either board the shuttle to the rental car facility with the family, or go there yourself and come back and pick them up after retrieving your vehicle.

jim32190 Jul 10, 19 8:25 am


Originally Posted by AutoSlash (Post 31288489)
Terminal drive back is something that is offered on a case-by-case basis and it not guaranteed except for Hertz Platinum Members. Terminal pickup is only offered to Hertz Platinum members, which is now by invite only (you used to be able to purchase it). Unfortunately, you'll need to either board the shuttle to the rental car facility with the family, or go there yourself and come back and pick them up after retrieving your vehicle.

Precisely correct and would recommend the latter.

cestmoi123 Jul 10, 19 10:44 am


Originally Posted by jim32190 (Post 31288767)


Precisely correct and would recommend the latter.

Agree that it's best to go get the car and then come back to pick up the family.

yno Jul 11, 19 2:19 am

Thank you all for your input! It will then be shuttle for me ;-)

knownothing Jul 29, 19 3:10 am


Originally Posted by jim32190 (Post 31288767)


Precisely correct and would recommend the latter.

If you rent alot or are "somebody" yo can ask them to be invited to platinum. It is a wonderful service - esp with family They have car waiting for you outside luggage and drive you back to terminal in your car. But if you want an upgrade, you have to either call the airport rental or drive to "hertz" and get one.

yno Jul 29, 19 4:18 am


Originally Posted by knownothing (Post 31353516)
If you rent alot or are "somebody" yo can ask them to be invited to platinum. It is a wonderful service - esp with family They have car waiting for you outside luggage and drive you back to terminal in your car. But if you want an upgrade, you have to either call the airport rental or drive to "hertz" and get one.

I surely don't rent enough for that ;-)

just for feedback: we ended up taking the shuttle back and forth. And with the new (to me) facility with shared shuttle, the process was easy. On the return, had to wait 10mn for the shuttle though.

sdix Jul 30, 19 5:27 pm

You get Platinum service with the Amex Centurion Card. It's been a lifesaver for me with small kids and for big ones with lots of hockey gear.

rjlon Aug 1, 19 8:20 am

When the tram starts up again with direct access to the rental car facility, it will be better than getting a ride to and from terminal as it will be indoors all the way. Air conditioned in Summer Heat and Free of Ice and Snow in winter. Cannot wait.

yno Aug 2, 19 2:50 am


Originally Posted by rjlon (Post 31366692)
When the tram starts up again with direct access to the rental car facility, it will be better than getting a ride to and from terminal as it will be indoors all the way. Air conditioned in Summer Heat and Free of Ice and Snow in winter. Cannot wait.

that's good news. When in the shuttle I was thinking they should build one ;-)

rjlon Aug 5, 19 5:10 pm


Originally Posted by yno (Post 31369797)
that's good news. When in the shuttle I was thinking they should build one ;-)

It is scheduled to reopen in Fall 2019. When I used it in July the building is operational, a lot of the track is in place and I believe signaling and testing are to be done. All very convenient with a BP Station half a mile down Mannheim Road, two hotels and the multi modal transit stop all within short walking distance and many more 3-4 minute drive. Long walk from one end of rental counters to the other but does not snow indoors. Much easier to swap agencies if one is sold out and you have no res than previously returning to terminals and back as no pedestrian way between agencies on Bessie Coleman. Chicago O'hare is making life much easier.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:40 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.