FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   We apologise, but you do not have enough points to redeem a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1976831-we-apologise-but-you-do-not-have-enough-points-redeem-hertz-gold-plus-rewards.html)

clubman Jul 4, 2019 11:40 pm

We apologise, but you do not have enough points to redeem a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards

So the message in the title is pretty much what I get whenever I try and and use my points for a rental. Regardless of destinations, days, time of the year...

I've got around 3000 points which I thought was more than enough for a weekend rental for example, so what could I be doing wrong?

Cymro Jul 5, 2019 3:04 am

Where are you looking to book? Some countries (e.g., Switzerland) don't participate.

Other times, only certain classes are available. In Europe, it's almost impossible to book anything with an automatic transmisson. Generally book a class C/D as other groups may be excluded from the scheme.

Of course, the error message is particularly unhelpful. But try booking a group D at Heathrow and see what you get.

MalFr Jul 5, 2019 9:51 am

I found the same issue - any car, any destination, any date(s)
Advice on Hertz rewards points booking

Seems to be due to the CDW option in your Hertz profile. Un-check it and you can pay with points.
If you need it you then have to get separate CDW/LDW insurance.

clubman Jul 6, 2019 9:24 pm

Thanks guys.

I checked my profile and all insurances are declined on there so can't be that. I've tried lowest class possible out of LHR (Corsa etc) but still getting the message I haven't enough points, and same out of LAX...

MalFr Jul 8, 2019 1:54 am

I guess contact Hertz, then?

Dave Noble Jul 8, 2019 3:56 am

CDW and TP are not an issue if the rates include them. I wouldn't disable them generally since UK rates tend to be better with them included - also if based in UK and wanting to book in USA, definitely ensure that they are enabled

If I use points in USA, I book using a rate that includes LDW and so that is included in the points booking

Are you trying to book using the website where your membership is based? if not make sure to use that

clubman Jul 9, 2019 12:27 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 31280633)
Are you trying to book using the website where your membership is based? if not make sure to use that

I am, yes.

Cymro Jul 10, 2019 11:38 am

You can't rent a Corsa on points out of LHR - it has to be group C, D, N, or M (I think M - people carrier anyway).

cybercybercyber Jul 11, 2019 5:09 pm

I had an issue with doing a rental with points recently - the points are really really devalued :/

What I did is kept the old Hertz app and not the new one. For some reason I was able to book award travel with the old app and not on the website or the new app. Either way, I'm very happy to use my points on a free weekend rental like I was planning on.

kcaluwae Jul 14, 2019 5:52 am

Will your points still be valid at the date that you're looking to use them?
Last time I got that error it was because I was trying to make a booking past the expiration date of my points.

clubman Jul 17, 2019 1:01 am

Originally Posted by kcaluwae (Post 31301780)
Will your points still be valid at the date that you're looking to use them?

I didn't even realise they expire. Where do I see the validity because looking in my account I can't see that...

kcaluwae Jul 18, 2019 8:53 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 31312109)
I didn't even realise they expire. Where do I see the validity because looking in my account I can't see that...

I believe it's 24-months from the last date of any activity.
It's not easy to see when this was. In your account you have a dropdown that shows your activity month per month.

Cymro Jul 19, 2019 4:35 am

Can you also confirm that you've tried booking an Octavia or Astra rather than Corsa?

kcaluwae Jul 21, 2019 6:33 am

Originally Posted by kcaluwae (Post 31316918)
I believe it's 24-months from the last date of any activity.
It's not easy to see when this was. In your account you have a dropdown that shows your activity month per month.

I've just made a booking and I managed to use my points for a reservation well behind my expiration date. I tried to do this some time ago and then it didn't work.
I suppose it was a glitch back then.

This means you can ignore my last point. Your expiration date shouldn't have anything to do with this error you're getting.

clubman Jul 22, 2019 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Cymro (Post 31319935)
Can you also confirm that you've tried booking an Octavia or Astra rather than Corsa?

Yes. Just tried again for a random date in November LHR for an Astra at LHR and got the standard message:

"We apologise, but you do not have enough points to redeem a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards"