Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Some Hertz one-way rental does not include unlimited mileage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some Hertz one-way rental does not include unlimited mileage?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Some Hertz one-way rental does not include unlimited mileage?

*Some* Hertz one-way rental does not include unlimited mileage? This is new to me so apologies if it is a known issue.

I was using my company cdp to book a one-way rental. some car types (looks like mostly smaller ones, like compact, standard, etc.) does not include unlimited mileages and quote with estimated mileages. Other fancier car types still include unlimited mileages without a problem (same cdp).

The problem goes away if I change the booking to same location return. Is this a bug for one-way rental and what can I do about it? I really want the unlimited mileage option back. Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
You are correct: some Hertz one-way rates have a separate charge for mileage; it's not a bug.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wlynnw
I was using my company cdp to book a one-way rental. some car types (looks like mostly smaller ones, like compact, standard, etc.)
Sounds to me like you need to talk to your companies travel administrators. Many corporate rates do indeed have a per-mile rate for one-way rentals - but they will be able to confirm that for you.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Furthermore, the one-way mileage charge can be at the location level, not the CDP. For example, the CDP I use has unlimited mileage for one-ways between airports in my area to certain HLE locations but has a per mileage charge if I do a one-way from the same airports to other HLEs in the area.
Joonydell and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:52 pm

My company’s CDP includes unlimited mileage only on certain vehicle classes and only if I select the “business rental” box. HLE’s and airports don’t seem to matter in my case.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wlynnw
*Some* Hertz one-way rental does not include unlimited mileage?.....
My experience is one way mileage charge is the norm.

Last edited by TerryK; Jun 30, 2019 at 7:08 pm
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:28 pm

For most retail rates, it's unlimited miles with a higher daily rate. For some corporate rates, it's unlimited miles with a percent discount. For large companies, that want to be able to always predict exactly how much they'll spend on rentals, it's a flat daily rate with unlimited miles for roundtrips, the same flat rate and unlimited miles for one-ways within the same metro area, and a per mile charge for intercity one-ways. In a few very rare cases, it's a flat daily rate for simple roundtrips, and a set higher rate with unlimited miles for intercity one-ways. For that last category, it often, but not always, is for everything up through full size cars. It's also usually negotiated between specific city pairs only, because the company knows it will have a lot of traffic between them. (Ex JFK to State College PA, Cedar Rapids IA to Chicago).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.