Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Too late to book with points for Zurich in September?

Old Jun 25, 19, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Never tried reserving a car in Switzerland (Zurich) before, but trying to use my points for a week's rental in early September and finding "no rewards currently available for your date and location" for any dates around that time. Are there any tricks that might help here or is this just what you can expect for trying to book a car for dates only a couple months away during a still busy tourist season? Thanks for any help/advice/chastisement...etc.
Old Jun 25, 19, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by IDM79 View Post
Never tried reserving a car in Switzerland (Zurich) before, but trying to use my points for a week's rental in early September and finding "no rewards currently available for your date and location" for any dates around that time. Are there any tricks that might help here or is this just what you can expect for trying to book a car for dates only a couple months away during a still busy tourist season? Thanks for any help/advice/chastisement...etc.
Doesn't look like you can use points to book in Switzerland. It's not on the drop-down list of countries on the Hertz reward redemption page, at least. I'd call them and ask.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/ememb...points-program
sokolov and IDM79 like this.
Old Jun 25, 19, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Ah, that explains it. I was reading the fine print elsewhere and I saw that Switzerland was specifically mentioned as a rewards country, but I just noticed it only participates in the earning part..."Rentals in Switzerland will earn points, but members can’t redeem a reward there."
Guess that pretty much answers my question.
Thanks for the heads up!
Old Jun 26, 19, 5:04 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by IDM79 View Post
Ah, that explains it. I was reading the fine print elsewhere and I saw that Switzerland was specifically mentioned as a rewards country, but I just noticed it only participates in the earning part..."Rentals in Switzerland will earn points, but members canít redeem a reward there."
Guess that pretty much answers my question.
Thanks for the heads up!
Go to Geneva or Basel (French side) and use your points there as an alternative?

Search this Thread