Wiki Posts
Search

BUD rental to other countries.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

BUD rental to other countries.

If I rent a car from the Budapest airport can I also drive into Slovakia and Austria if I return it back to Budapest?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by QtownDave
If I rent a car from the Budapest airport can I also drive into Slovakia and Austria if I return it back to Budapest?
Hi, did you check the rental requirements section for the Budapest Airport Location, this seems to indicate a yes. Please note I'm not sure what vignettes you'll require or what additional fee they will charge you for any x-border driving

https://www.hertz.co.uk/rentacar/res...NS&EOAG=BUDT53

Hertz vehicles cannot be driven into and/or dropped off in any African, Asian or Middle-East countries, nor in Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Greece, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine or any island.

Hertz vehicles may be driven into and/or dropped off inAustria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy (excluding Sicily), Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

Hertz vehicles may be driven but not dropped off in Andorra, Bosnia - Herzegovina*, Bulgaria*, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia*, Montenegro*, and Serbia*.
QtownDave likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by E14 26C
Hi, did you check the rental requirements section for the Budapest Airport Location, this seems to indicate a yes. Please note I'm not sure what vignettes you'll require or what additional fee they will charge you for any x-border driving

https://www.hertz.co.uk/rentacar/res...NS&EOAG=BUDT53

Hertz vehicles cannot be driven into and/or dropped off in any African, Asian or Middle-East countries, nor in Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Greece, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine or any island.

Hertz vehicles may be driven into and/or dropped off inAustria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy (excluding Sicily), Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

Hertz vehicles may be driven but not dropped off in Andorra, Bosnia - Herzegovina*, Bulgaria*, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia*, Montenegro*, and Serbia*.

Just an FYI, thank you for the link! I was curious about Tirana, Albania, and changed the code at the end (for the Tirana Hertz) to get this:
https://www.hertz.co.uk/rentacar/res...NS&EOAG=TIAO50

I was curious if I could drive into Montenegro, and it looks like the answer is yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.