Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

HLE unable to do pick up, but will provide discount for taxi/TNC ride to location

HLE unable to do pick up, but will provide discount for taxi/TNC ride to location

Old Jun 14, 19, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

I just got off the phone with a Hertz Local Edition branch in Maryland and asked if they could pick me up for my rental at an off-airport light rail station near BWI. I think it is on account of them being a small operation and not having manpower to do it.

They said they were unable to do pick-ups but would be willing to reimburse me for the cost of a taxi/uber/lyft to get to their office location.

Is this common practice for Hertz? If so, how much would they be willing to reimburse? It would be about $15 each way to/from my location where I wanted to be picked up.
Old Jun 14, 19, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Yes, common. They will most likely do it as a credit on the rental.
Old Jun 14, 19, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA MM
I've had one HLE send the Lyft themselves to pick me up. Very clean transaction that way.

Search this Thread