Search

Is there a Hertz Rep posting lately?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Is there a Hertz Rep posting lately?

I have a recurring issue with my email account and one of the Hertz reps got to the bottom of it about two years ago. The issue popped up again, but he's no longer with the company.

Is there another rep around? @FlyinHawaiian?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:19 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Not to my knowledge.
Mary2e and cestmoi123 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:06 pm

If there were, this person would have to defend the inexcusable, on a regular basis. The poor customer experience, beat up old cars, billing errors, and now "rewards" program, of a discount brand. The high prices of a premium brand. Yes, unfortunately, that's Hertz.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:30 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I had the chance to meet some Hertz executives last year and while they were aware of FlyerTalk and this forum, they've declined to establish a formal Company Representative presence for now.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:46 pm

Interesting. As always, good insight. It just shows how Hertz continues to be out of touch with the needs and buying motivations of their customers.

I suppose next we'll see a dynamic points system like Avis. If you earn based on what you spend, and you redeem based on what it costs, its nearly impossible to get good value. Then for sure almost nobody will care to accumulate points, which means it will no longer be a factor in future purchase decisions. Once there is no incentive to pay extra, Hertz will have to start more aggressively price matching. Case in point: For an upcoming one-way, literally every company in the Orbitz grid was charging exactly the same price. It was a discount and a free upgrade coupon through BJ's that finally directed me to Budget. Once upon a time I would have spent a few dollars more per day to earn decent rewards. Not anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if we also at some point see no changes or cancellations after 24 hours, like airfare. Then there will be an even larger exodus to on-demand transportation services, like Uber. There'd be no need to worry about cancelling, or even planning ahead. There'd also be a productivity boost from not having to waste time picking up cars, nor refueling and returning them. Companies that think they offer a premium differentiated service, when their customers don't think they do, will have the most to lose. Over time, they will inevitably face a, pun intended, ultimate choice.
Joonydell, m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Interesting. As always, good insight. It just shows how Hertz continues to be out of touch with the needs and buying motivations of their customers.

I suppose next we'll see a dynamic points system like Avis. If you earn based on what you spend, and you redeem based on what it costs, its nearly impossible to get good value. Then for sure almost nobody will care to accumulate points, which means it will no longer be a factor in future purchase decisions. Once there is no incentive to pay extra, Hertz will have to start more aggressively price matching. Case in point: For an upcoming one-way, literally every company in the Orbitz grid was charging exactly the same price. It was a discount and a free upgrade coupon through BJ's that finally directed me to Budget. Once upon a time I would have spent a few dollars more per day to earn decent rewards. Not anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if we also at some point see no changes or cancellations after 24 hours, like airfare. Then there will be an even larger exodus to on-demand transportation services, like Uber. There'd be no need to worry about cancelling, or even planning ahead. There'd also be a productivity boost from not having to waste time picking up cars, nor refueling and returning them. Companies that think they offer a premium differentiated service, when their customers don't think they do, will have the most to lose. Over time, they will inevitably face a, pun intended, ultimate choice.
Agree with everything except the Uber part. It is not reasonable to take Uber for any significant distance.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:16 am

True, but for people who are driving airport to suburban office park, and perhaps staying onsite for several days, the daily cost of the rental car times the number of days minimally driven may be more expensive than having someone drive you.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Doesn’t Hertz already own a discount brand? Why would they be taking their core brand downmarket and potentially cannibalizing their other brands?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:15 am

They do. They all do. But Dollar Thrifty is only present at a few large airports, with a trace number of neighborhood stores in a few large cities. Everywhere else, options are often Avis Budget, always Enterprise, sometimes Hertz, and if you're near an airport or a rare city location, National Alamo.

So while Hertz might consider rate matching the closest premium brand, Avis, the reality is that, given a difference in price, and, especially now, rewards, most customers would be persuaded to consider Enterprise (and credit to National, at least for now.) So Hertz does have to compete with discount brands, whether they like it or not.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by strickerj
Doesn’t Hertz already own a discount brand? Why would they be taking their core brand downmarket and potentially cannibalizing their other brands?
They do own a few, including Firefly. https://www.fireflycarrental.com/ren...servation/home
Never used them, but you see more and more of those popping up in Europe. They normally share the Hertz fleet and counter at smaller out-stations.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Thanks all. I guess that may be why the person I was speaking with left the company.

That, and moving to Florida, away from a major city, but near the CEOs house, may have something to do with it.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
Many posters are nearsighted - they stop by to brag how good a loophole they’ve found.
All Hertz representatives have to do is to monitor the forum and eliminate those loopholes.
Ya’ll are debugging their business model for free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.