Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Strategy for 5-Star at BRU

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Best Strategy for 5-Star at BRU

I'm renting for one day shy of a month in and out of Brussels on June 15. Waiting for a status match to Sixt Platinum or National EE to come through, but nothing yet.

It looks like reserving Compact or above qualifies for a 1-category upgrade (if available).
What category should I reserve if the goal is to get a MB C-class (Group G)?
Compact is Group F (and what they call Mid-size looks smaller than Compact and is Group L.)

Finally, the last time I rented in Frankfurt there was a level in the rental garage where as 5-Star I could pick from a row of cars. Is there anything like this at Brussels airport?

Thanks for sharing any experiences that may help me strategize.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:38 pm

A regular compact is a group C. Group F is compact automatic.
The upgrade policy is one class update - up to full size, but no guarantee on groups above that. You can't assume you'll get upgraded to a premium category - which that Mercedes C class is. You might - but I wouldn't bet on it.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. What category would you expect a Compact Auto (Group F) to upgrade to? Group L seems not to be an upgrade from Group F.
All Full Size vehicles are labeled as Premium, so I'm not sure what category to expect?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
There is no strategy to upgrade to MB C class other than booking it (and even then they may upgrade you to something higher).

They can upgrade you from a sedan to a wagon (separate class than sedan) or a crossover and it would be considered an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.