Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz 75 Miles restriction on Dream Cars

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Hertz 75 Miles restriction on Dream Cars

Just wondering whether it's still the case that if you book a none dream car but then pay to upgrade to one at the location (LAX if it matters), the original unrestricted mileage of the original car/booking still applies?

75 Miles is seriously restricting (well, providing you don't really want to pay for every extra mile) considering Sixt allow you 175 miles on the "special" cars, and there are very few with that restriction to begin with.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Just wondering whether it's still the case that if you book a none dream car but then pay to upgrade to one at the location (LAX if it matters), the original unrestricted mileage of the original car/booking still applies?

75 Miles is seriously restricting (well, providing you don't really want to pay for every extra mile) considering Sixt allow you 175 miles on the "special" cars, and there are very few with that restriction to begin with.
Bumping this with additional questions. Does anyone know how it works with Dream cars that end up in the premium upgrade section. If I book an ICAR as PC and see a 740 or Macan in the premium upgrade section do they follow the unlimited mileage of my ICAR rental or does it switch to the 100 miles per day? I guess I should also ask can those "Dream cars" that are sitting in the premium upgrade section be booked for the PC upgrade of $25 on a one way. When I do a search of a week MCO returning to MCO there are some Dream cars showing available to rent, when I do a MCO to PBI search they show unavailable. I am planning on taking a car from MCO to PBI for a week and would not have any issue paying the additional $25 per day if its an option and something decent was in the premium upgrade section.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Assume you mean 75 miles, not 100?

Are all cars sat in the Premium Upgrades section just $25 extra per day?

Last edited by clubman; Jun 4, 2019 at 9:35 am
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Assume you mean 75 miles, not 100?

are all cars sat in the Premium Upgrades section just $25 extra per day?
Yes 75, not 100 per day. For PC the specific premium upgrade section is $25 per day
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks, I didn't realise that.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
Usually dream cars aren’t allowed to go one way as they belong to that specific airport location - the system won’t generate the contract

Mileage restriction: if the car is intentionally parked in the premium upgrade section ($35 / $25 for PC) your original terms will apply, and the rental agreement will have an item called “upgrade charge”.
If it was their parking mistake you won’t get away with the $25 upgrade cost - you’ll learn about it at the gate. Then you can go back and choose a less exciting Infinity or something

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.