Travelocity - too good to be true

Old Apr 25, 19, 6:57 pm
Used to be 'IAD22066'
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K AA
Travelocity - too good to be true

I made a reservation for a Camaro Convertible through Travelocity and they are giving me a one-way Pensacola to Mobile 3 day rental for about $200 ($150 + fees). When I go on Hertz's website, a full size car cost's about $290 (w/ corporate discount and fees). Is it too good to be true? What am I missing here.

There's a thread talking about Priceline deals where it sounds like Priceline reservations fall at the bottom of the food chain. Same for Travelocity? Would it make more sense to rent a full-size through the Hertz website and see it the #1 counter at Pensacola will give you a convertible instead of a full size?

Thank you!
Old Apr 25, 19, 9:01 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

Too good to be true? Not at all. It could be that they have too many of that class on-hand and are trying to move them, or it could be automated pricing algorithms pricing it a certain way, or it could just be human error. Regardless, they will honor the quoted rate, so no need to worry. If you can reserve that class for a good deal, then go for it. In fact, if you track it with AutoSlash, we may even be able to lower it further. A reservation is a reservation regardless of where you book, so book wherever you find the best deal.

Search this Thread