Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chrysler Pacifica with CarPlay?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
Chrysler Pacifica with CarPlay?

Looking at booking a minivan for a family road trip (multiple weeks). Never rented a minivan with Hertz before and was assuming it would be a Chrysler Pacifica? Does this come with CarPlay as standard, or should I take my chances with a 7 passenger SUV? FYI, I need a third row.

BTW, I'm Presidents Circle, and will probably be renting from SNA.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:10 pm

Yes, it does
nyc2socal likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I probably would not assume that they'll get you the Pacifica, though -- pretty sure there other, lesser minivans still in the Hertz inventory and the SNA location is fairly small (though fairly helpful in my experience -- you might just want to call ahead). I tend to go for the third-row SUV on these sorts of rentals because they're almost always better equipped than the minivans (Pacifica excepted). Of course, you could easily get the Pathfinder as a 7-passenger SUV, and I don't think you'd get CarPlay with that .
nyc2socal likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:51 pm

I've never seen a Pacifica without a touch display, though some of them have smaller, less capable versions.

Originally Posted by wm47
I probably would not assume that they'll get you the Pacifica, though -- pretty sure there other, lesser minivans still in the Hertz inventory and the SNA location is fairly small (though fairly helpful in my experience -- you might just want to call ahead). I tend to go for the third-row SUV on these sorts of rentals because they're almost always better equipped than the minivans (Pacifica excepted). Of course, you could easily get the Pathfinder as a 7-passenger SUV, and I don't think you'd get CarPlay with that .
​​​​​The Pacifica has become more common at Hertz after the Nissan Quest was discontinued. But the Kia Sorento (usually nice) and Dodge Grand Caravan (not nice) are also around, with the occasional Toyota Sienna.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:21 am

Yes it does. I picked up a Pacifica last week and didn't see CarPlay/Android Auto listed anywhere on the in-car display but once I plugged in my USB it just started working. If I'm not mistaken it works under their Uconnect system.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by m907
I've never seen a Pacifica without a touch display, though some of them have smaller, less capable versions.

​​​​​The Pacifica has become more common at Hertz after the Nissan Quest was discontinued. But the Kia Sorento (usually nice) and Dodge Grand Caravan (not nice) are also around, with the occasional Toyota Sienna.
The Sedona seem to be unicorns in most parts of the country - I can't recall the last time I actually saw one.

The GT-trimmed Caravan's are a much better ride than the more common SXT trim. The GT is a fleet-only build that comes with leather seats and NAV by default. IIRC, the customer can opt to swap the 430-NAV radio for a DVD system at no charge. In my area, XSE-trimmed Siennas are also very common, most have leather seats and a sunroof.

Last edited by SixAlpha; Apr 29, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I've gotten a Grand Caravan GT. Better, I guess, than the SXT, but still nothing to write home about.

Sienna definitely won't have Carplay/Android Auto, since Toyota has JUST admitted that people might actually want that, so the rollout is still really limited.

ETA: Hadn't realized they had made it so widely available in the 2019 Sienna already. Also, it appears that some of the 2018 Siennas can be updated to add CarPlay/Android Auto: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...lexa-retrofit/

Last edited by cestmoi123; Apr 29, 2019 at 3:48 pm
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
All the Pacifica that hertz carries have apple carplay and android auto
Also the Kia Sedona
And the 2019 siennas have Apple carplay, not the 2019 ones though
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by m907

Do you mean the Kia Sedona? Sorento is an SUV...
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by SixAlpha
The Sedona seem to be unicorns in most parts of the country - I can't recall the last time I actually saw one.

The GT-trimmed Caravan's are a much better ride than the more common SXT trim. The GT is a fleet-only build that comes with leather seats and NAV by default. IIRC, the customer can opt to swap the 430-NAV radio for a DVD system at no charge. In my area, XSE-trimmed Siennas are also very common, most have leather seats and a sunroof.
I've seen the Sedona at DCA on a number of occasions, usually high mileage. I've seen it one other place but can't remember where.

I agree that the GT is much nicer. It's still an ancient Grand Caravan but it has more features than some new cars.

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Do you mean the Kia Sedona? Sorento is an SUV...
Yes, I meant the Sedona. I always get the names mixed up.
Old May 6, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
FWIW, I can't remember the last time I didn't see a Minivan on the PC aisle. Of course the one time you'll need it is the time that the aisle is all sedans but.. depending on the rate difference you might want to gamble on it. There were 12 Pacificas sitting in DTW last week and 6 at PDX earlier this week. The one I'm currently driving had 653 miles on it when I rolled out of the garage at PDX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.