FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Hertz sues Accenture over new website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1966686-hertz-sues-accenture-over-new-website.html)

docbert Apr 23, 2019 9:16 pm

Hertz sues Accenture over new website

https://www.itwire.com/enterprise-so...s-website.html

Global vehicle rental firm Hertz has sued business process provider Accenture for failing to deliver a website that it was contracted to build in 2016, but could not produce until its services were terminated in 2018.

In a lawsuit filed in the US District Court of the Southern District of New York, Hertz said it was seeking US$32 million in damages and also additional amounts that it had paid to Accenture during the course of the contract.

SoroSuub1 Apr 24, 2019 8:43 am

Embarrassing for Accenture.

bwiadca Apr 24, 2019 9:46 am

Who is the current owner of the website? I've stopped renting from Hertz back in 2011-12 because their reservation page was useless. Returned to Hertz because they had attractive prices for the location I was going to. It took me only 30 minutes to make 1 reservation. If their prices weren't half what competitors show, I would have gone from their web site after 2nd try.
Its embarrassing to have non functional webpage in 2019. (Mobile app was giving me the same errors while trying to book the car).

glostix Apr 24, 2019 11:43 am

Yeah Hertz's website is pretty horrific.
Homepage always loads twice, after a strange delay.
Entire website displays differently on Chrome/Firefox vs Microsoft browsers, with different graphics.
Random glitchy blank info pop-ups (that used to show the CC/debit card policy but now are completely blank).

Joonydell Apr 24, 2019 2:31 pm

another interesting point to note, when i click book as guest, the script on the bottom left page says waiting for page...then it says "waiting for facebook.com". thats pretty fishy......

jim32190 Apr 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by glostix (Post 31033230)
Entire website displays differently on Chrome/Firefox vs Microsoft browsers, with different graphics.
Random glitchy blank info pop-ups (that used to show the CC/debit card policy but now are completely blank).

Loads twice due to adblocker for me - since the promo boxes on the far right are delivered through an ad provider I think.

Dave Noble Apr 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by glostix (Post 31033230)

I have no issues with with the website - it may not have been jazzed up like other sites, but I find it a nice simple site and functions fine on internet explorer

Just tested out time to make a booking - from loading website, including logging in to Hertz account, I was able to make a booking for car hire to get to airport for my next flight in under 2 minutes

Joonydell Apr 24, 2019 8:38 pm

i also found it really annoying that they would display the "this location doesn't accept debit cards" message every time. seems like they fixed this as of recent.

AutoSlash Apr 25, 2019 11:52 am

Here's an article with further details:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/0...nture_lawsuit/

For those who are frustrated with the Hertz website, there are alternative booking channels. Just sayin... :D

m907 Apr 27, 2019 1:48 pm

I know Hertz is a large company, but $32 million for a website?

jim32190 Apr 28, 2019 8:14 am

Originally Posted by m907 (Post 31043326)
I know Hertz is a large company, but $32 million for a website?

A lot of the suit is punitive damages from lost revenue, etc

arttravel Apr 28, 2019 9:13 am

The lawsuit claims Hertz spent 32 million in fees and expenses — such as software licensing etc paid to the company and the company wanted millions more to make the website functional.

Do these websites cost that much?

Commie Apr 28, 2019 9:40 am

Originally Posted by arttravel (Post 31045491)
The lawsuit claims Hertz spent 32 million in fees and expenses — such as software licensing etc paid to the company and the company wanted millions more to make the website functional.

Do these websites cost that much?

Its your typical bloated project from one of these big 4 management consulting firms. Accenture is still using its school bus staffing model from back its 'Android' days. Put a delivery partner, with a senior manager who is also the project manager, then a couple of solution architects who may know a few things about the solution they are putting in, then add a few more 'seniors' who have maybe 1-2 years of work experience, then add a bunch of analysts from from campus hires, who is good at following the directions of the seniors. What should be a 6 months project is now a 12 months billable project for the firm that supports a team of 20-30 consultants. Rinse and repeat.

Now if this was an ERP project like implementing SAP, then the model is 10x the time, resource, and fee's. :)

arttravel Apr 28, 2019 1:11 pm

Thank you Commie, I am just missing why management consultants would be hired for such a project -- because they do meeting well?

Commie Apr 28, 2019 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by arttravel (Post 31046132)
Thank you Commie, I am just missing why management consultants would be hired for such a project -- because they do meeting well?

lol
because these consulting firms are morphed into System Integrators now, their selling points are they can help clients develop their strategy, processes, and then help them develop and build the system.

even the traditional MBB strategy firms are getting into system integrations.