Outside cleaning fee

Old Apr 21, 19, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
Outside cleaning fee

Just got back from our spring break trip and discovered that the e-mail receipt from Hertz at LAX shows a $155 charge for "outside washing." I have no idea what this could be about. The exterior of the car was not dirty (the interior may have been a little dirty but nothing out of the ordinary). I'll take it up with customer service but thought I'd check here first and see if anyone had experienced this before.
Old Apr 22, 19, 6:08 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by raisin View Post
Just got back from our spring break trip and discovered that the e-mail receipt from Hertz at LAX shows a $155 charge for "outside washing." I have no idea what this could be about. The exterior of the car was not dirty (the interior may have been a little dirty but nothing out of the ordinary). I'll take it up with customer service but thought I'd check here first and see if anyone had experienced this before.
Never heard of this. Definitely contact customer service.
Old Apr 22, 19, 6:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unclear whether "outside" means the exterior of the vehicle or that the vehicle was sent to an "outside" detailer. I would ask the location to explain exactly what it was.
Old Jun 4, 19, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, ICH Gold, *A Gold
Well, what was it?
strickerj and MojaveFlyer like this.
Old Jun 11, 19, 10:36 am

Programs: UA MM
Sure would be nice if people who raise questions would get back to the rest of us with the answers when they know them.
Old Jun 11, 19, 4:16 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

the interior may have been a little dirty but nothing out of the ordinary
The OP needs to elaborate on this. Light paper trash is "nothing out of the ordinary." Marks, stains, water damage, odors, sand, etc. is another matter.

Search this Thread