Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at JAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Nov 20, 18, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Picked up at JAX yesterday for my first time in 13 months. Much better experience this time even though I had to go to the counter by baggage claim. My contract was already printed and after a quick glance at my license I was given the keys to a 2019 300S with 3100 miles, leather and XM radio on my FCAR reservation.
Old Apr 21, 19, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card

Well, I didn't seem to find an existing thread in search or the sticky, so I get to start one.

Any experiences here? Headed down this summer as PC with prepaid LCAR reservation.

Hoping for something other than a 300C and would even consider paying for an upgrade to something fancy (dirt cheap rate, trip is for a friend's wedding, and will actually have ~200 miles of driving over a couple days).
Old Apr 24, 19, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've rented there twice and I find it strange it's not a Ultimate Choice location. Employees are friendly, sometimes you go by the desk in baggage claims other times you're directed to the garage across the street. My first time I got a high mileage Impala my second time the 300 mentioned up thread.
gooselee likes this.
Old Jun 22, 19, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Update, rented here a few weeks ago and the selection was rather poor, especially on an LCAR reservation. Pick a color Chrysler 300 or a mini SUV basically. Line at the counter was long and then computers were down upon return. Not Hertz's best showing.

Search this Thread