Ride Report - 2019 Buick Enclave AWD

Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Ride Report - 2019 Buick Enclave AWD

I am pretty sure this is the Essence AWD Trim. I picked it up at STL.

Per the Buick Website it has a 3.6 liter 310 HP engine. Power and ride quality was fine. I did not do anything to really test out the handling.

• It was fairly well equipped with most of the features one would expect. The menus indicated that it had lane departure alert but I was never able to get the system to activate.
  • A power lift gate
  • Separate moon roofs for the first and second row. Only the first-row moon roof opened.
  • The vehicle was pretty quiet, enough so that I was able to notice the noise coming from the low rolling resistance tires.
Gripes:
  • The BMW style electronic shift lever that did not seem intuitive to me. In order to go from drive to sport you pull back on the lever. In order to switch back to drive you pull back again.
  • I couldn’t tell if the wood grain trim was high quality plastic or low-quality wood.
  • Only the passenger side second row tilted forward to allow access to the 3rd row.

jim32190 and m907 like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:36 pm

That off-center HVAC control unit would drive me nuts.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Thanks for this ride report. We need more! Haha.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I have one of these from Hertz at the moment. Fine car, more space than I expected.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:53 pm

Thanks for the report. Just did 2k miles in one over two weeks driving from Florida to DC.

Picked it up in PC section as our assigned car was a piece of junk. Overall I was impressed with the Enclave, thought it was going to be a bit too big but found it really roomy inside without having massive external dimensions. Handled well and had enough power on the interstates.

The only weird thing we experienced was going up hills in th mountains a weird noise went off sort of like the seatbelt alarm. Happened on multiple occasions and only on steep climbs. Strange and annoying!
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by bergsey
The only weird thing we experienced was going up hills in th mountains a weird noise went off sort of like the seatbelt alarm. Happened on multiple occasions and only on steep climbs. Strange and annoying!
I wonder if that was the AWD drive system letting you know that it was adjusting torque distribution?
Old May 3, 2019, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by SixAlpha
I wonder if that was the AWD drive system letting you know that it was adjusting torque distribution?
It was weird as was a high pitched continuous tone rather than a chime. It was the same noise my Subaru makes when it sesnses weight on the front seat but no seatbelt. Seatbelts all showed up as green so don’t know what was going on !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.