Pc at lax..refused to let take vehicle

Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
An error occurred parking the vehicle ; no error occurred with the rental since the rental had not started at the time the mistake was discovered; the person was never allowed to start the rental

If the person was allowed to start the rental and then the location asked for it back since it was not supposed to have been rented, then I can see that as being different and at that point, that is the agency's issue and too late
And how are you so sure an error was made parking the vehicle?
cestmoi123 and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by s0ssos
And how are you so sure an error was made parking the vehicle?
The fact that the company refused to allow the rental without additional charge ; if it had been left in a bay to just be used for anyone to use, then there wouldn't have been a refusal to allow the rental
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:42 pm

Not sure if it was an error on the person parking the Jaguar in the PC aisle or an error on the check out clerk.

I rent at LAX Hertz often, in fact was just there this week, I picked up my PC car at LAX hertz Monday morning April 15th around 10am, and the selection of cars in the PC aisle was impressive. There were 3-4 Infiniti's, a mustang convertible, couple of Camaro convertibles, bunch of 300's, a Caddy and 1 Jaguar XF. I driven the XF before and wasn't impressed by it, either was the Infiniti's, so I took the Camaro convertible, great car.

In the past, I have seen the Jaguar XF parked in the LAX PC section before, good thing I never took it out, as I don't like to do the drive of shame back to the lot.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA PPro, QF Gold, DL Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
Something similar happened to us at ORD a few weeks ago. Arrived around 11:30pm, minimal cars on the lot. We waited a few mins and 2 Infiniti QX80s were parked and a few other SUVs. We are PC so grabbed one of the QX80's and headed to the gate. Agent said no, you are trying to get something not entitled to - back and forth. Manager got involved, it was not a good end to a long travel day. Ended up leaving with the car and an apology from Hertz.

Every rental with them has always been a drama. Shame that Hertz was half the price of National since we are Exec Elite with them and we always get good cars with no dramas.
strickerj and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The fact that the company refused to allow the rental without additional charge ; if it had been left in a bay to just be used for anyone to use, then there wouldn't have been a refusal to allow the rental
Or the checkout clerk could have been wrong.

Is this the Hertz mentality?
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Well I didn't expect it to generate this much interest! But I would argue that a jaguar xf, whilst it is a nice csr it's not unreasonable to expect to see it in the pc section it's no more high end than an infinity .

And I think the biggest complaint I have is that there wasn't an apology that it was parked incorrectly and she suggested I had got it from the wrong bay!! Worst part is, she told me to park it back where I got it from! So I'm sure someone else had the same problem or got lucky!!!
strickerj and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by stevietommo
Well I didn't expect it to generate this much interest! But I would argue that a jaguar xf, whilst it is a nice csr it's not unreasonable to expect to see it in the pc section it's no more high end than an infinity .

And I think the biggest complaint I have is that there wasn't an apology that it was parked incorrectly and she suggested I had got it from the wrong bay!! Worst part is, she told me to park it back where I got it from! So I'm sure someone else had the same problem or got lucky!!!
And I thought it was awfully rude for the lady at National LAX to ask if I pulled up the Cadillac from the Executive Aisle. Obviously. I was thinking about making a complaint.
But I guess at Hertz you just expect to be treated this way (I've rented from them before and they are the worst, trying to downsize you without compensation).
Joonydell likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Last time I rented at Hertz in ATL, every car that I wasn't allowed to take out at the exit gate, I dutifully returned it as instructed back to the 5-Star area for the next 5-Star member to experience the joys of Hertz customer service.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Had this happen at SJC a few months back with an Infiniti Q50. I pushed, and they eventually gave in and let me take it - but not before checking with a manager who happened to be at the booth next to the one I was at talking to another staff member.

Originally Posted by strickerj
Arent the paid upgrades supposed to have placards indicating the upgrade price?
No. The premium UC Premium Upgrades are a fixed price ($35, $25 for PC) so they frequently aren't labeled individually.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
How are you meant to know which car you can take from the PC section, if Hertz randomly prevents certain cars from being taken from that section? It negates the whole point of the section IMHO.

And, incidentally, I have had a Jag from the PC section.
cestmoi123 and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
How are you meant to know which car you can take from the PC section, if Hertz randomly prevents certain cars from being taken from that section? It negates the whole point of the section IMHO.

And, incidentally, I have had a Jag from the PC section.
Hertz employees are poorly trained. It's been this way since they started UC a couple years ago.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:12 pm

Here in San Diego all of the stalls are numbered. Your rental agreement shows which stall your car was originally parked in, making it easy for the gate agent to see if you tried to snag a free upgrade from another section (or if a car was re-parked in the wrong place by a customer.) I'm surprised all locations don't do this.
Old May 3, 2019, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by SixAlpha
Here in San Diego all of the stalls are numbered. Your rental agreement shows which stall your car was originally parked in, making it easy for the gate agent to see if you tried to snag a free upgrade from another section (or if a car was re-parked in the wrong place by a customer.) I'm surprised all locations don't do this.
I think Hertz at PIT has a some system, but I can't tell what it is. I think they decide where they're going to put it before they park the car and encode the barcode so that the booth has a record of where it was parked.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
when I pick up PC cars at DEN airport, the contract lists the lot and space of the car I select. Which means the lot staff will either park the car in a specified location OR they note which location they've put the car into.

Now, if they screw that up, you are SOL...but if the contract matches the physical location, and that indicates it is a standard spot, the proof exists in their own records.

Interestingly, they will have cars in the regular area sometimes and other times the same cars are in the upgrade area (RR evoque, QX60s). I'll take both, but only when it isnt a $50 a day upgrade!
Old May 6, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
And who are we kidding here? It's obvious it wasn't the class of vehicle available as per the rental agreement. It's no different than an instore pricing error. Retailer advertises the goods at $100; sale contract is effected at $100, but when the customer goes to pick up the item at the store, the price tag says $10. Does one really expect that the customer should get the item for $10?
As an aside I have rented Jaguars from PC ultimate choice at LAX twice previously so they do sometimes put them in there as a legitimate choice for PC with no upgrade charge. So no I would say you are 100% wrong, it is definitely not obviously an error. In this case I imagine they just parked it in the wrong place. Not the OPs fault but agree that these things happen.
strickerj likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.