Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Old Nov 13, 2019, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ng1265
Good to know! I've never driven an Audi, but my brother did, and felt it was too smooth for driving. Since both were in the same class we took the Lexus
No idea what too smooth for driving means, but actually he Lexus probably offers a smoother more "detached" drive than the Audi.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 8:16 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: F
Received: 2019 V4 Dodge Challenger R/T 392 with NY plates, 14,500 miles and disabled Sirius/XM.

They were out of sedans when I arrived. Luckily, +1 was with me so she could hear it from the Hertz agent's mouth and not think I was having a mid-life crisis.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: F
Received: 2019 V4 Dodge Challenger R/T 392 with NY plates, 14,500 miles and disabled Sirius/XM.

They were out of sedans when I arrived. Luckily, +1 was with me so she could hear it from the Hertz agent's mouth and not think I was having a mid-life crisis.
Hopefully you got a chance to drive it outside of the city.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by m907
Hopefully you got a chance to drive it outside of the city.
Yes, I am planning on going for a drive out in Long Island today before I turn the car back in; thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Monroe, LA Airport (MLU)

Reserved: SCAR
Received: 2019 Ford Taurus Limited with 21,000 miles and working Sirius XM. Probably my best Hertz experience of the year, I gave my last name to the agent, he glanced at my license, handed over the keys which he had right in front of him and I was out the door.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:45 am

Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)

Reserved: C
Received: L 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 2WD with Florida Plates and 1,700 miles on the odometer.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 9, 2019 at 7:17 am
Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by ng1265
NTE
PC
Reserved : LDAR, Mercedes E-class or similar
Assigned: PDAR Audi A4
Took: PDAR Lexus IS

The category was not available so the station manager had downgraded us to the below category, and tried to upsell us another premium category (Premium SUV - DS7 crossback).
We didn't take the bait and only realised it at the car park that the category was lower than booked. The agents at the car park were as helpful as possible, but could not get the car from the initial category.
In the end, we took the "Sportiest" of the cars offered (Had the choice between the A4, the Lexus IS, and the DS7 crossback.)
To follow up on the downgrade, got refunded the difference in class by CS (a measly 30). Last rental at the same location got a Merc E-class with Avis (booked category below). Thus I'm now sticking with Avis for rentals at this location.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Greenville/Spartanburg Airport (GSP)
Reserved: SCAR
Received: H4

The counter is actually in the adjacent parking garage and was understaffed when I arrived. One agent was working the normal counter while people who just needed to flash an ID piled up in the Gold line

However, once he got to me he gave me a 2018 Mercedes CLS300 for my one way rental to RDU. Sure, it has 35,000 miles on it but it was way better than expected and a legitimately nice upgrade, something few and far between these days.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
NYC HLE
Reserved: Premium (G)
Received: BMW 530 xdrive with 12k miles. Seemed to have most of the toys with the exception of advanced cruise control.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:07 pm

NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: L
Received: L4 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4WD with Massachusetts plates, 4,700 miles on the odometer, and working Sirius/XM.

In general, I loathe Nissans and their over-worked CVTs but the V-6 had enough oomph to move the big SUV around without too much strain. The gas mileage was not that bad, either. Ended up being a pretty good car for a day of suburban grocery shopping.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 13, 2020 at 1:35 pm
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:13 am

Montgomery Airport (MGM)
Booked: Mid Size SUV
Experience: I received a phone call from the agent just as I was deplaning making sure I was still coming. Once I was at the counter my contract was all ready to go. I was given a 2020 Chevy Equinox Prestige with leather and only 1,400 miles on it. Good little car though sadly no XM.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
PIT HLE (Baum Blvd)

Reserved: I (Luxury)
Received: P4 - Cadillac CTS, 23k miles. Was genuinely surprised given that a.) I'm under 25 and Prestige shouldn't be available (again showing that the age requirements are very loose) and b.) they didn't pull an actual LCAR from the airport location. Who knows. Still a very nice drive given that for some reason Luxurys were cheaper than Fullsize and even Midsize for the day that I rented.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 6:19 pm

NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: C
Received: F 2019 Kia Optima LE. Base model with 40,000 miles on the odometer. Other than really worn wheel bearings, the drivetrain was pretty sound, as was the interior. I just used it to do some grocery/Costco shopping.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 10:53 am

I thought Hertz (and everyone else) is trying to sell off as much of their fleet as they possibly can right now, starting with the oldest cars that would have soon been retired anyway. From the likes of a 2019 base Kia Optima with 40k mi, it seems that no, that's just Hertz being Hertz.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 12:45 pm

The station staff said they are pretty short of cars in the NYC area in general; a lot of people rented cars to escape to their vacation homes or other places outside of the city and those cars are slow to come back. The car rented to me had AZ plates.
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.