Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: A3*S, FB*S, AerClub*S, Hertz PC
I am at PC status for the last three years but never had experience with the branch at ATH.

I rent in a weekly basis, mostly at the DUB location and I know that I can expect a flawless upgrade experience. Usually I go for the bare minimum, A or B and always get from C up. Occasionaly I would get a D/J, around December-February a Q and from time to time the so called "fun collection" cars like Audi A1.

I'm going to Greece next month so what sort of car and service should I expect? I want a C or D class class would it be safe to rent a B hoping for a class upgrade and not a "this one has extra fog lights" type of upgrade?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:36 am

Perth Airport, Australia with PC. Booked a Full-Size (D) Toyota Camry.

The counter was great, had my agreement already printed with an upgrade to a Premium Full-Size Wagon (P1). The car was a Holden Commadore Wagon which was a nice car, and the best thing in the lot at the time.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Had a 4 day reservation in RNO for a full size.

Dodge Charger was waiting for me. Asked if I could get something else, but the agent wouldn't budge -- said that she would upsell me to a premium or a SUV but that they did not have to upgrade me from a F reservation to anything larger. I tried pushing, the lot was packed with cars, but no go.

Dodge Charger was loud and fun to accelerate but handled terribly in the snow (shocker).
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
Rented F from an HLE using the weekend deal, since my car is in the shop. Received an Impala V6 with 26K but brand new tires (can still see the colored treads) and working XM. Really good customer service experience as the rep thanked me for being PC and renting from Hertz. Car was clean, ready to go, and contract already printed. The other cars on the lot were tired looking Toyotas and Nissans, so no complaints on getting the Impala. Seems like they went out of their way to give me the nicest car they had, and not bad for $45 bucks all in.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Flew into tiny Pellston (PLN), which has a corporate branch. I received both a text message and an email message before my flight left Detroit notifying me that I had been assigned a 2019 Chrysler 300S. I prefer the 300C but this was fine. 2,100 miles on it and he SiriusXM satellite radio was activated.

I saw a Cadillac, Chevrolet Malibu and a couple smaller crossover SUVs on the lot.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:43 am

This is fine but that title is terrible.

Upgrades and Presidents Circle Master Thread would do.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:54 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
We like to show the Five Star members of this forum a little love as well.
Evr13 and dr_rum_ham like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
We like to show the Five Star members of this forum a little love as well.
How about just Presidents Circle & Five Star Master Thread then?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by m907
This is fine but that title is terrible.

Upgrades and Presidents Circle Master Thread would do.
Seems odd to just have an 'anything' that is an upgrade thread. I got upgrades with no status. Makes it hard to really search or follow along IMO.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Seems odd to just have an 'anything' that is an upgrade thread. I got upgrades with no status. Makes it hard to really search or follow along IMO.
Exactly. This thread is incredibly confusing.
rr1017 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:29 pm

MXP (Milan Malpensa)
PC
Reserved: EDMR, Lancia Y, Manual, Economy
Received: Alfa Romeo Stelvio 4x4 SUV, Automatic, Diesel, Leather with just 7kms on odometer (that was a really great upgrade!).

KCI
PC
Reserved: Q4, Intermediate SUV
Carfimation: B5, Buick Encore AWD (like, serioulsy?!)
Offered to shop around at PC/5* lots - there was tired Forde Edge with 45k miles, Chevy Traverse, a few basic Rogues and a couple of HEMI Chargers on clothes. Asked to talk to a manager after all.
Received: L, Jeep Grand Cherokee with XM and 1000 miles.
doubter13 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Have a hypothetical for y'all....

I have booked a prestige Z4 class coming up. During my normal "check the rates" refresh of the reservation, Hertz.com is showing that the class I have reserved is "Sold out for these dates". For reference, I don't usually book this class. I am usually FCAR and have no worries about finding a decent ride in the PC aisle.

Now, that message is certainly open to interpretation (how bad are they "sold out" on those dates) as well as other inventory related changes.But the rub I see is.... I am arriving pretty late in the evening. What is to guarantee I will have the car class I reserved? It is relatively a more specialty class compared to FCAR, for example. I understand that they set aside these types of cars in "reserved" parking spaces, but I don't trust them as far as I can throw them to make that happen on a holiday weekend when I am arriving pretty late at night.

I take it the policy is that if the reserved class is out of stock, that you'll have your pick of anything of a lower class or be offered something better than originally reserved?

Just wondering if anyone has some experience with prestige reservations being "sold out" upon arrival, and what the fix was.

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:55 am

I had the only experience I had in Chicago, I had booked a T4 Prestige (xt5 or similar) and when I arrived they did not have the car. They wanted to offer me something worse and I said no. I told him that of the category that had saved the one who wanted, but less nothing. At the end I was lucky and they gave me a GLS450 and $ 100 for future bookings. What if I had to stay firm in my position or the same with the right person, I do not know.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Evr13
I had the only experience I had in Chicago, I had booked a T4 Prestige (xt5 or similar) and when I arrived they did not have the car. They wanted to offer me something worse and I said no. I told him that of the category that had saved the one who wanted, but less nothing. At the end I was lucky and they gave me a GLS450 and $ 100 for future bookings. What if I had to stay firm in my position or the same with the right person, I do not know.
This post is almost completely unintelligible.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by m907
This post is almost completely unintelligible.
'm sorry but I write in Spanish and google translate does not always translate perfect

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.