Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Old Oct 2, 2022, 5:10 pm

Hertz used purchases usually have FL plates and an empty front bracket. CA and TX plates are probably one-ways from there, or through intermediate regions, but purchased new as rentals.
oftech and Ordpc like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Hertz used purchases usually have FL plates and an empty front bracket. CA and TX plates are probably one-ways from there, or through intermediate regions, but purchased new as rentals.
I have definitely seen/received cars at Hertz that have random state plates with marks on the trunk indicating it was bought post-lease, not just FL. But either way, for a while, finding a post-2019 model was a surprise at Hertz. To get two 2022 brand new cars (albeit a Charger and a Malibu) in the span of 6 weeks tells me a change is afoot.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage, Bonvoy, Hertz 5*, Emerald Club
Spokane (GEG) Airport

Not an ultimate choice location, franchise operated by Overland West.

Reserved: F
Received: L4 - 2022 Toyota 4Runner with 9,500 miles

SUV with 4WD worked out well with some poor quality roads to trailheads in Washington/Idaho. Very quick service at the desk in GEG.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond RA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta Gold
Picked up at RNO today (didn’t see a specific thread) with PC status.

Booked an intermediate, received a 2022 Camry. Tried asking for something nicer but anything other than a challenger was an upcharge.

The Camry has 13,000 miles. It’s a fine car, just boring.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: C
Received: F 2023 Nissan Altima SV with 2,800 miles on the odometer, NJ plates, and working Sirius/XM.

At first, they were going to give me a Q4 Toyota RAV4 but determined it wasn't available for the full length of my rental. I was pretty happy with the Altima; I put close to 300 miles on it and got really nice gas mileage and the large trunk came in handy.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Monterey CA Airport (MRY)

Reserved: Full Size

I arrived about 2 hours early after IROPs changed my flight. I had tried to update my reservation in the app but got an error message. The agent worked with me though and got me into a Ford Edge Titanium with 33,000 miles. Not bad for a one way drop off to SJC.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I've had a BMW 530i that was clearly bought used by Hertz. It had Vermont plates and they even left on the plastic license plate frame from "Boston's best used BMW lot" (or something along those lines)
jmw, Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
TUL

Reserved: F
Received: YI 2018 BMW 320i with FL plates and 41k miles. Better than the Equinox they wanted to offer for a one-way to MCI
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:00 pm

Reserved: L4
Received: T (a well equipped Jeep Wagoneer with only 11k miles, fresh off an oil change, and working satellite radio)

this was a HLE in suburban Philly.
Auto Enthusiast, m907 and oftech like this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 7:54 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
PC @ MHT airport

Reserved: Q4
Received: Q4 – 2019 Nissan Rogue SL AWD with ~45k

This location continues to be laughably bad compared to National and Avis. They don't acknowledge or care about status, don't have contracts ready ahead of time, and their vehicles are terrible. A well-worn, 4 year old car wearing current FL plates but old NY inspection stickers that were never removed. Engine tick, terrible CVT made worse by years of neglect, and cheap, off-brand tires so the car had a horrible shake at highway speeds. Oh, and all 4 tires had different pressures set ranging from 34 to 45 PSI. On the bright side it was a short trip and the heated seats and steering wheel worked, as well as an active Sirius XM subscription. Brought up the vehicle's condition at return when asked how the rental was and that was met a shrug and "we'll check it out," not even so much as an apology never mind a coupon or adjustment. I'd bet money "we'll check it out" means they're running it through the wash and handing the keys to another renter shortly. Praying National or Avis is available on a short notice trip again next time.
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 6:29 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
PC at TUS which is annoyingly not an Ultimate Choice location.

Reserved: SCAR
Received: a 2023 Cadillac XT5 with 4,000 miles and XM. Great vehicle for driving around 150 or so miles with four people.
Auto Enthusiast and oftech like this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 5:41 pm

I'm the first one to complain about how horrible some Hertz locations are/have been, so seems only fair to highlight a turn in the right direction.

Had a luxury reservation at a NYC HLE. They are pushing Teslas heavy (in conjunction with NYC Mayors' Office, I am guessing the city locations got some sorta tax break for purchasing them) but I declined, and was given a brand new Cadillac XT5 with 2k miles on it and---are you sitting down-- NY plates. Ill take it.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 7:12 pm

Lol. Yes, NY plates in the lower part of the state are rare. Lots of inbound one-ways from all over the place.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 8:03 pm

OK, so AGAIN i want to give credit where credit is due, bc it feels like in the last 6 months the Hertz locations in Manhattan are stocking an influx of relatively new, well equipped vehicles. Because its so close to my office, I rented from Dollar in Midtown, expecting the rejects from the Hertz locations. Got a 2022, Sirius, bells/whistles Ford Edge, again with NY plates. This would have been unheard of a year ago, I think. Ill take these steps in the right direction.
Auto Enthusiast and oftech like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 10:30 am

I remember seeing more NY plates than usual earlier in the pandemic, when restrictions were starting to be eased, NYC local demand was rising, quarantines and closures still kept out of area customers mostly out, and it was still possible to source new cars, mostly from Nissan and Hyundai.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.