Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Herb687
Not overbook!

Had you read the full post, I told you that the Expedition Max I received was loaded with features. I wasn't complaining about the spec sheet of the vehicle. I was (partially) complaining about getting a sub-20 mpg unwieldy behemoth when I reserved a car.

Hard to drive? I didn't say that it was "hard" to drive. But it certainly is not at all fun to drive, nor efficient to drive.

I mentioned that overall I was happy that the HLE saved the one and only vehicle on their lot for me. That was good customer service and appreciated.

But I think it's still fair to comment that forcing a customer to take a huge, inefficient (33% worse fuel economy than a typical modern sedan), unpleasant to drive vehicle isn't exactly a perfect outcome. 33% worse fuel economy becomes a real cost when driving a vehicle for a week and 600+ miles.

And again, rampant overbooking by Hertz generally and this HLE specifically isn't exactly a business practice you should be applauding.

So, yes, I'm happy they treated me pretty well as a PC. But the overbooking shouldn't have happened to that degree in the first place and I do not think it's unreasonable to discount a rate when a customer is given a vehicle that is way out of the reserved class and MUCH more expensive to operate.
As long as you or any other customer can cancel your reservation anytime or just simply no-show for free, it's impossible that they don't overbook. Simple like that.

In this case you had a non-binding reservation which means nothing more than they should give you a car on someday at some price, but there's no obligation to do so if they can't provide one, I can't see how this HLE needs to do more to please you. (They may should've called you first to ask if you want an expedition or a Chevy spark/Nissan versa, but this question might trigger more customers so I can see why they didn't call)

Also I'm not sure if you really just want the old tired Optima, Malibu, Fusion or whatever thing they have in F class? Again if you didn't want the expedition, you should've just given it to others waiting in line and wait for other cars coming in.
m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Herb687
Not overbook!

Had you read the full post, I told you that the Expedition Max I received was loaded with features. I wasn't complaining about the spec sheet of the vehicle. I was (partially) complaining about getting a sub-20 mpg unwieldy behemoth when I reserved a car.

Hard to drive? I didn't say that it was "hard" to drive. But it certainly is not at all fun to drive, nor efficient to drive.
Inefficient, yes; but it's one of my favorite cars to drive. A big RWD truck that goes 0-60 in about 6 seconds and has a panoramic sunroof and heated/cooled seats...it's one of my go-to vehicles.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Has anyone had any experience with renting at BER - Berlin Brandenburg - any upgrade possibilities?

Any special treatment as PC?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Has anyone had any experience with renting at BER - Berlin Brandenburg - any upgrade possibilities?

Any special treatment as PC?
Will pick up a car at BER this week and let you know. Certainly more cars (amount and variety) available than at other Berlin locations.
Old May 3, 2022, 12:55 am

Was upgraded from G (IWMR) to I (FDAR) and assigned a Lynk&Co 01 at BER, very friendly agents.
SuperFlyBoy likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:56 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: B
Received: B5 2021 Hyundai Kona SEL AWD with Florida plates, 14,000 miles on the odometer, and working Sirius/XM.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: B
Received: B5 2021 Hyundai Kona SEL AWD with Florida plates, 14,000 miles on the odometer, and working Sirius/XM.
wow! A 2021 seems like you hit the jackpot
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, Hertz PC, Avis PP
Red face

OAK HLE (1001 Broadway)

Reserved: I (LCAR)
Received: T6 2022 Suburban with CA plates, 3,600 miles on the odometer

Backstory: Offered a 18K mile QX50 or the Suburban with 3.6K miles. Brain said QX50, but heart said 2022 Suburban. Went with the Suburban. Might regret it later, but I guess "YOLO"

*Will update with car specifics
Auto Enthusiast, m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by defaultusername
OAK HLE (1001 Broadway)

Reserved: I (LCAR)
Wow what a unicorn, you got a new car! Enjoy!
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, Hertz PC, Avis PP
This is the first time I've gotten this drastic of an "upgrade" from an HLE, but timing always seems to be off.

A few years ago I needed an SUV and they offered a Camaro.... This time, didn't really need that big of a car, and I got the biggest thing they have haha!
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:39 pm

This is the first time I've gotten this drastic of an "upgrade" from an HLE, but timing always seems to be off.

A few years ago I needed an SUV and they offered a Camaro.... This time, didn't really need that big of a car, and I got the biggest thing they have haha!
possibly due the gas prices people are deciding not to take the gas guzzlers
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
A Suburban? In California? With these gas prices? Depending on how long I have the car, that almost feels like the rental equivalent of getting "upgraded" into a middle seat 😅
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:57 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: F
Received: Q4 2018 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD with Florida plates, 22,000 miles on the odometer, and working Sirius/XM.

Despite the model year, the car was in exceptional condition and drove fine.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:08 am

Had a premium reservation at West 83rd Street location in Manhattan. Pleasantly surprised to get a BMW 330i, but it was, of course, a 2018 model. Drove well but looked its 4 year old age.

If you told me a few years ago that Hertz would be renting out old, used cars i would not have believed it.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:02 am

I have two upcoming reservations in Tampa.

1. TPA to North Dale Mabry Highway HLE as a single day rental (class L4 FRAR)
2. North Dale Mabry Highway HLE to TPA as the "main" rental for 14 days (also L4 FRAR)

Question: I am in PC and as TPA has UC (the HLE doensn't), can I simply take a car from the UC lot in TPA and expect to keep it when I switch reservations at the HLE?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.