Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
PWM Airport

Reserved: Q4
Received: Q4 2021 Rogue Sport S AWD

Non-UC location and everything is located in a parking garage, so you have to stop at the counter for keys. No one in the Gold line so they called me next. Judging by the completely full keyboard behind the counter I could tell they were well stocked, as was the case when I made it out to the garage. The rep was very nice, but newer, in that she listed off only Q4s available because the "PC upgrade is up to a fullsize, sorry." At this point I don't even know if that's true or not lol. Didn't it used to be up to premium? Anyway, of the 10 or so choices offered (CR-V, Escape, Compass, Rogue and Rogue Sport, etc) I asked for the lowest mileage one and was given a 2021 Rogue Sport S AWD with 5K and working Sirius XM. I was tempted by the CR-V but figured it was probably a higher mileage used purchase. It was parked next to my Rogue Sport and unlocked, confirmed it was a 2018 with 50K on it.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:47 pm

Hardeeville SC HLE. Five star. Reserved midsize.

Originally given a 2018 Altima, rejected it since it smelled like an ashtray. Was then given a 2018 Rogue with 32k miles. Not the worst thing considering I'm only paying $35 a day, but definitely on the lower end of cars I've received here.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by funnyfarm299
Hardeeville SC HLE. Five star. Reserved midsize.

Originally given a 2018 Altima, rejected it since it smelled like an ashtray. Was then given a 2018 Rogue with 32k miles. Not the worst thing considering I'm only paying $35 a day, but definitely on the lower end of cars I've received here.
Those cars were probably built in 2017...hard (or maybe easy) to believe that Hertz has cars in its fleet that are closing in on five years old.
Auto Enthusiast and oftech like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
Still a ~5 year old car, but judging by the mileage may have been something they purchased used for the fleet. Their used purchased seem to be "anything with wheels" in a category they needed (SUV, sedan, luxury, etc) and that fit their budget. Spotted a 2018 CR-V in Portland with 50k, definitely a used car purchase, and an old body style Infiniti QX50 at ALB recently. Didn't check it out further but it would be, at the newest, a 2017 model.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by oftech
Still a ~5 year old car, but judging by the mileage may have been something they purchased used for the fleet. Their used purchased seem to be "anything with wheels" in a category they needed (SUV, sedan, luxury, etc) and that fit their budget. Spotted a 2018 CR-V in Portland with 50k, definitely a used car purchase, and an old body style Infiniti QX50 at ALB recently. Didn't check it out further but it would be, at the newest, a 2017 model.
I'm gonna agree, especially since it was the AWD version with Florida plates.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Norfolk / ORF, one way to Pittsburgh / PIT. Prez Circle member.

Reserved: F
Received: YI / 2022 Toyota Avalon XLE with North Carolina plates and less than 3,000 miles on the clock

Non UC location, had keys waiting at the desk when I showed up
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by EntropyTheory
Norfolk / ORF, one way to Pittsburgh / PIT. Prez Circle member.

Reserved: F
Received: YI / 2022 Toyota Avalon XLE with North Carolina plates and less than 3,000 miles on the clock

Non UC location, had keys waiting at the desk when I showed up
Wow less than 3000, Iím sure itís not a typo because everything else Iíve been reading is 30,000
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Wow less than 3000, Iím sure itís not a typo because everything else Iíve been reading is 30,000
Yeah, I was as shocked as you are, but nonetheless ..
Old Jan 22, 2022, 2:01 am

Not sure about the real number but it's safe to say at least 1/5 cars you see on most hertz UC lots are newly delivered brand new ones since March 2021. If you actually rent some during the past year you'd notice many many of the old cars are gone at a very fast pace
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by doglynx
Not sure about the real number but it's safe to say at least 1/5 cars you see on most hertz UC lots are newly delivered brand new ones since March 2021. If you actually rent some during the past year you'd notice many many of the old cars are gone at a very fast pace
i was at PHL PC 2 months ago and the lowest mile car in PC was 15,000 (and 2 years old) Thatís after I spoken with the attendant and he look things up.. let me know Iím getting the best as the majority were 25 to 30,000 miles
Auto Enthusiast, jizen and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 3:40 pm

i was at PHL PC 2 months ago and the lowest mile car in PC was 15,000 (and 2 years old) Thatís after I spoken with the attendant and he look things up.. let me know Iím getting the best as the majority were 25 to 30,000 miles
The ubiquitous new sonatas and Elantras are everywhere, and Hyundai also got new Santa Fe delivered to hertz, and many many nissans including versa, Altima, rogue, maxima, and most recently Sentra and pathfinder, new Mazdas including CX30 CX5 and CX9, new subarus including legacy and outback, new Fords Escape Edge Explorer Expedition and even bronco sport and mustang, for GM that includes new equinoxes, Yukons, suburbans, for Toyota new deliveries also just came in which includes Avalon, Camry and sienna, for luxury brands there were BMW 3, infiniti QX50, Q50 and Genesis G70, just to name a few 2021 new cars that Iíve personally seen. Iíve also driven most of the above (almost everything except GMs and Toyotas in 2021)

I believe the list can still go on, but you probably just simply didnít notice there were so many new ones if you only look for interesting cars. Although the March/April/May deliveries are indeed approaching 20k miles as leisure travel last year substantially increased the normal mileage, but the previous post by the other user saying 1/5 on lot were new cars is not an overstatement.
Auto Enthusiast, jizen and doglynx like this.

Last edited by corolla; Jan 22, 2022 at 9:19 pm
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
These days it no longer seems like just a Hertz issue. So far in January I've had an Avis and two National rentals, all companies I have top tier status with, and all three cars were in the 30,000 mile range.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:04 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: B
Received: Q4 2019 Ford Escape SE 2WD with Florida plates, 19,000 miles on the odometer, and working Sirius/XM.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: B
Received: Q4 2019 Ford Escape SE 2WD with Florida plates, 19,000 miles on the odometer, and working Sirius/XM.
Nice to see that the fleet is constantly being updated😀
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:03 pm

Likely updated with newer used cars. Probably lease returns, given the age but unusually low miles. These usually have FL plates and an empty front bracket, which is usually not on cars originally sold new in FL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.