Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide

Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:30 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Also, I rely heavily on Apple Car Play in my rentals.
I've come to expect it too; the last BMW I rented had full Apple integration and didn't require a subscription, so perhaps that's a model year restriction. The base LX version of the CRV I rented didn't have Car Play (higher trims do), so I was glad I brought my Garmin GPS with me. At least it had iPhone support so I could enjoy the ABBA station using my Sirius/XM subscription.

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
41,500 mi is nothing for Hertz.
Quite so, but at least at the NYC-area airport locations, they appears to be an effort to put lower-mileage used cars in the PC sections.
Auto Enthusiast and KenTarmac like this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 12, 2021 at 7:38 am
Old Nov 12, 2021, 7:23 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Had my first HLE experience this year. Rented from the Durham Hillsborough Road HLE in Durham, NC with a FCAR booked. Received a 2021 Hyundai Genesis with XM and 6,000 miles. Great experience..
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by CMK10
Had my first HLE experience this year. Rented from the Durham Hillsborough Road HLE in Durham, NC with a FCAR booked. Received a 2021 Hyundai Genesis with XM and 6,000 miles. Great experience..
Youíre lucky, in my opinion thatís a one off
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Youíre lucky, in my opinion thatís a one off
Or do they just know who I am?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:19 am

HLE Brooklyn NY F reservation, 2017 Nissan Rogue Florida plates with 42K miles 6/8ths gas working nav/SXM (surprise). An issue with the keyfob needing several button pushes but no low battery alert . Multiple front radar obstruction alerts even had an AEB activation while driving and no obvious obstruction had to disable it. After that modification car handled well.
Auto Enthusiast and oftech like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Brighton Line
HLE Brooklyn NY F reservation, 2017 Nissan Rogue Florida plates with 42K miles 6/8ths gas working nav/SXM (surprise). An issue with the keyfob needing several button pushes but no low battery alert . Multiple front radar obstruction alerts even had an AEB activation while driving and no obvious obstruction had to disable it. After that modification car handled well.
Where do they find these cars, what a piece of junk!
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:04 pm

Probably used car auctions, dealer lots, or maybe directly from certified pre-owned programs?
oftech likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:57 am

Trying a different HLE in Brooklyn tomorrow since this one is open for return on Sunday but did a C class reservation as we are not traveling long distances I'm PC and will see what I get. Non-Ultimate Choice I usually do F because I'm 6'7".
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:35 am

HLE Brooklyn NY Reserved C got C 2018 Honda Accord FW1.5 6/8ths Gas finally no issues.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:50 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
NYC HLE (403 Lafayette)

Reserved: C
Received: F 2020 Nissan Altima S (Base) with 40,000 miles on the odometer (PA Plates)

Reserved: F
Received: Q5 2020 Nissan Rogue Sport S (Base) with 34,000 miles on the odometer (TN Plates) and working Sirius/XM
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 4, 2021 at 3:32 pm
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Hertz is oddly inconsistent, as are all of the other vehicle rental companies; but now I have PC status with Hertz. Rentals are generally via the HLE at the hotel up the street or the airport. The airport has much better options but is some distance and more expensive. The work rentals are normally via the airport and the personal rentals are normally via the HLE. The staff at the HLE today commented on Presidents Circle status prior to sorting the keys to find a vehicle. The end result was an Malibu with 40,000 miles. The vehicle is fine but we walked past some 5 mid size SUVs before arriving at the Malibu. I rented a Malibu and received a Malibu. The representative made quite a production of circling the vehicle three times taking pictures. I finally told him enough is enough and to give me the keys. He insisted on the details of my personal insurance company. I told him I had rented 25 times this years and he was the first to ask the questions. I told him to either give me the key or walk with me back to the office to have an uncomfortable conversation with the manager. He had me sign some electronic form and gave me the keys and departed. The staff normally throw me keys and by the time I enter the car the rental agreement is received via email.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:47 pm

Rented 11/29/21 from the HLE in Hardeeville, SC. Reserved midsize, was given a 2018 Ford Fusion with 40,000 miles on it. Kinda disappointed it didn't have ACC or LDW, but it drove nice. And surprisingly SiriusXM was activated.

I always have a very relaxed experience at this location. I walk in, they print the contract out, hand me the keys, and I drive off. No questions about insurance, no pre-departure inspections.

If they could bring in some more modern vehicles, I would consider switching most of my rentals from National.
Auto Enthusiast, m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 11:02 pm

HLE in NYC. Reserved a premium and they wordlessly and in typical unfriendly fashion upgraded me to an Infiniti Q50. Appreciated it but it was, of course, a 2018 model (with the leasing outfits stickers still on it from FL) and had 46K miles on it.
CMK10, Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by NBNY424
HLE in NYC. Reserved a premium and they wordlessly and in typical unfriendly fashion upgraded me to an Infiniti Q50. Appreciated it but it was, of course, a 2018 model (with the leasing outfits stickers still on it from FL) and had 46K miles on it.
I think Iím going to National for my next rental this is ridiculous
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by NBNY424
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I think Iím going to National for my next rental this is ridiculous
I'm not sure why, an Infiniti Q50, even an older one, is a good car to get on a PCAR reservation. Typically that's when they dump a base level Maxima on you.
Ordpc likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.