Wiki Posts
Search

Pickup without picking up?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Pickup without picking up?

I've got a long haul flight coming up, arriving after connections into DUB late on a Saturday evening. Have a rental car booked for pickup from Hertz on arrival (I'm 5*). Given the late hour and long haul travel, I'm feeling like there's a 50/50 chance I don't feel safe to drive. What are the chances of them allowing me to sign out the car, but leave it in the lot until morning? Anyone ever tried this at any Hertz location?

(I've tried searching here and elsewhere, but apart from Hertz's official policy on late arrivals, I can't find a similar situation - though it's a tough thing to search for given wording)
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I have done what you propose at a Hertz Local Edition, but never at an airport location. The HLE that I often use is located in the parking structure of a commercial office building near my workplace where a validated ticket is required to exit without having to pay the hourly/daily rate. On days that I rent from that location, I have the car checked out to me at my lunch hour and I obtain the keys, contract, and validated parking ticket. I then go back to work and then drive out the car after I am done for the day (which is often well past the HLE's closing time).

I think this is going to be an "it depends" situation for DUB.
krayZpaving and Joonydell like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:41 am

You can just go park it in one of the regular parking lots, though you'd have to pay for it.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
In the end I decided to just move the pickup to the next morning. While it means running back to the airport, it's safer in the long run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.