Contacting Hertz

Old Apr 8, 19, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Contacting Hertz

I am trying to contact Hertz and I haven't been able to receive any response over the past week. Can anyone suggest alternate email addresses or phone numbers I can try?

A few months back I had a very large number of Hertz points expire (over 20k). I know that was my fault, but I wanted to ask someone at Hertz if it was possible to get those points restored. I called their main voice line and was told to email [email protected]. I got no response from there (not even an autogenerated response). Searching here I found another email to try, [email protected]. Also no response (autogenerated or otherwise) after a week. Someone else here mentioned [email protected], but that bounced. I thought the poster might have mistyped it (executives was plural in what they posted, but might be singular) and also tried [email protected]. That also bounced. I tried chat to see if there was another way to at least get a response, but was told [email protected] was the only email address.

Can someone recommend another way of contacting Hertz? The points expiring was my fault and within policy, but not having any way to contact Hertz and not being able to get any response over email is a shocking lack of customer service.
Old Apr 8, 19, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Qzic View Post
I am trying to contact Hertz and I haven't been able to receive any response over the past week. Can anyone suggest alternate email addresses or phone numbers I can try?

A few months back I had a very large number of Hertz points expire (over 20k). I know that was my fault, but I wanted to ask someone at Hertz if it was possible to get those points restored. I called their main voice line and was told to email [email protected]. I got no response from there (not even an autogenerated response). Searching here I found another email to try, [email protected]. Also no response (autogenerated or otherwise) after a week. Someone else here mentioned [email protected], but that bounced. I thought the poster might have mistyped it (executives was plural in what they posted, but might be singular) and also tried [email protected]. That also bounced. I tried chat to see if there was another way to at least get a response, but was told [email protected] was the only email address.

Can someone recommend another way of contacting Hertz? The points expiring was my fault and within policy, but not having any way to contact Hertz and not being able to get any response over email is a shocking lack of customer service.
You can also try Facebook/Twitter. It might take a while to get responses from them, but I did get replies from 1awards before.
Old Apr 9, 19, 3:39 am

I contacted them yesterday from the live chat on their website. At the bottom of the page you might find a link "Contact us", and then it will ask you to choose between different ways to contact them. I chose Live Chat and an agent was answering my questions pretty quickly. Be careful though, you have a timer of 2 minutes to answer the agent after one of his messages, or the chat will timeout!
Joonydell likes this.
Old Apr 26, 19, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Update: none really - I still haven't received any response from Hertz. It has now been 25 days since I contacted them with no response.
@WTPThom, thanks for the suggestion. In my initial post, I mentioned that I tried chat, and they said they didn't know anything and that I would just have to wait for a response.
Old Apr 27, 19, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Qzic View Post
In my initial post, I mentioned that I tried chat, and they said they didn't know anything and that I would just have to wait for a response.
Sorry, I actually had to read your initial post two more times to find the moment you're talking about trying the chat, lost between email addresses sadly I can't tell you more.. Maybe send another email ? Considering that it has been a long time, I won't consider it as harassment 😂

Search this Thread