Need to drop off at different location in Seattle

Old Apr 5, 19, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Need to drop off at different location in Seattle

I've seen some discussion surrounding this topic, but nothing looked to be very recent so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any relatively current experience to share from.
I've booked a weekly rental in Seattle from a Hertz HLE in the city. Long story short, we'll be flying in and spending a couple days in Seattle and then traveling around for about a week (Rainier, the coast, etc.). Then back to Seattle. The location was both very near our accommodations in Seattle to be able to pick up when we're ready to head out of town, and also offered a great rate compared to the airport and various other locations around (downtown, etc.), so it seemed like a very good option.
Here's the challenge. This particular location is not open on the weekend and we fly out on a Saturday evening. We'll be returning to Seattle on Friday but not sure we'd be back by closing time and they do not have after hours return.
Currently I've made a reservation for pickup on a Monday and return on a Monday (two days after we've actually flown out) to the same location, but I'd like to just return to a different location that is open on Saturday, possibly just drop it off at the airport on our way out. I see some info suggesting a $10 return change fee which would be great if that's all it was, but actually when I try modifying my reservation to drop off at a different location (airport or other locations open on the weekend) it changes the base rate so that the price is over $100 more essentially doubling the overall cost.
I've been reading threads and seems like some people have the experience of being able to return to other nearby, same city locations, including airports, at no additional cost/change to the rate or for just a minimal intercity fee. We're talking a 15 minute drive between the pickup location and the airport for this situation.
Anybody have any experience with this? Any specific experience in Seattle?
Old Apr 6, 19, 1:32 am

No experience with Seattle, but I'd be surprised if the location doesn't have some sort of after-hours key drop box. You could try giving them a call.
Old Apr 6, 19, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I had called and they donít have after hours return. I believe the lot is fenced in and not accessible after hours
Old Apr 7, 19, 12:59 am

You can try playing around with different pickup/dropoff combinations on their site to find the best fit.
Old Apr 7, 19, 4:15 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

You're taking a chance by returning to a different location than the one you're supposed to return to. They will almost certainly charge you more. The only question is, how much? It could be $10 or it could be $100 or it could be $500. It all depends on whether you want to take the chance.

You may want to get a quote from us as sometimes our prepaid rates are far lower than the prevailing pay-later rates.
Old Apr 8, 19, 7:48 am
Original Poster

thanks. I wasn't planning to just drop it off at a different location with no advance notice given, but thanks for the word of caution.
I guess I was more looking for feedback regarding whether there's any chance I'd have better luck just asking about an alternate drop off when I pick it up, or just pick it up and then call in sometime during my rental to ask about dropping it off elsewhere. Wondering if I'd have different results from something like that rather than what I'm finding right now trying to set up my rental online as what it essentially equates to a one way rental.
Joonydell likes this.

Search this Thread