Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sour experience at HLE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
sour experience at HLE

So the HLE which i frequent has a manager lets call Sam. Sam is very rude and definitely doesn't give a flying hoot about the customers, which ive been accustomed too for quite some time now, so thats pretty norm. However, this time around it was exceptionally bad.

i booked a mid size sedan more than 48 hours in advance, and when arrived at the location, was given a full size suv. the problem here is that i specifically called in and asked for a sedan which would suite my rental needs better and was offered other large suvs. additionally this full size suv was extremely dirty with white stains on the steering wheel , less than half a tank of gas, and worst of all - didnt have a functional horn (safety concern)! took a peak at the rest of the lot, and it was stacked well with a bunch of premium and full size sedans. when inquiring about swapping to one of those, as they are closer to my reserved class, was first told they were reserved for other customers, then told their would have to be an upgrade fee.

this manager is very hostile not only towards me, but to anyone who've ive spoken with that used this location. on top of all this, when returning the vehicles, Sam always puts down an extra 300-400 miles on the rental receipt which i never drove!

how do i go about this situation? open to all suggestions. tia
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:10 am

Corporate or franchise location?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:31 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Call and ask for the contact information for the regional manager. If an employee at that location won't provide it, call the nearest location to them and ask them for it instead.

When corresponding with him/her, just state the facts and be as specific as possible. Try to keep emotion out of it. If you have previous rental agreement numbers handy, that is always helpful.

Hopefully the regional manager can address the situation with the local branch. You could go through Hertz Corporate, but it will probably end up in the regional manager's lap anyway, so better to do direct.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Agree with others, also calling Hertz corporate line and expressing your concerns can result in a partial or whole refund. Email the area manager and call the 1-800 line.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I would focus on two things:

1. He tried to give you a vehicle that wasn't safe to drive (non-functioning horn).
2. He consistently adds mileage to the receipts (is this so he can use vehicles personally?).
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by m907
Corporate or franchise location?
its a corporate location

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
I would focus on two things:

1. He tried to give you a vehicle that wasn't safe to drive (non-functioning horn).
2. He consistently adds mileage to the receipts (is this so he can use vehicles personally?).
tbh, im not sure why he adds on the extra miles, however, he ALWAYS does it.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:38 pm

With Hertz recently putting customers on the Do Not Rent list for "excessive mileage," you absolutely should report any falsifications in this regard.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: too many
You can also report anonymously via this link:
https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domai...383/index.html
jim32190 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by ng1265
You can also report anonymously via this link:
https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domai...383/index.html
That looks like it's for Hertz employees to report internal issues. I'd go to the BBB instead to quickly get the attention of someone higher up.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by m907
That looks like it's for Hertz employees to report internal issues. I'd go to the BBB instead to quickly get the attention of someone higher up.
I went through the flow of submitting a report (not validating it, and one of the questions where you are asked your relationship with Hertz has a value "Customer", so looks like it might work?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by ng1265
I went through the flow of submitting a report (not validating it, and one of the questions where you are asked your relationship with Hertz has a value "Customer", so looks like it might work?
It says clearly at the top, "Customers: for assistance, please call the Executive Customer Service Line at 1-800-654-3131, option 7."
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
With Hertz recently putting customers on the Do Not Rent list for "excessive mileage," you absolutely should report any falsifications in this regard.
Links on this? I frequently put lots of miles on my weekend rentals.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:24 pm

Please search the threads. It's come up several times.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BThumme
what is considered "lots"?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BThumme
havent seen this done in practice but it is printed on each and every rental record - “Excessive mileage on a repeat basis may result in suspension of future renting privileges”

i think in the long form rental terms and conditions it says something like 3500mi in a 30 day period constitutes “excessive mileage”
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.