Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz charged me more for the rental (still have rental)

Old Mar 9, 19, 1:04 am
Original Poster

I just pulled into the hotel, checked my email, and noticed Hertz sent me the digital rental agreement. I opened it and saw my total price was $71.xx.

That seemed odd since I knew I got the rental for $54.xx and can be confirmed via email.

How do I proceed from here? I reserved an intermediate car, and since Iím PC, I chose an SUV from the PC lot. The rate per day increased by $5 and I didnít get $3 off from a promo code.

I landed around 1 AM and was hungry and exhausted so I didnít pay attention to the agreement that the rep handed me at the gate like I normally do.

I have the rental until Sunday afternoon.
Old Mar 9, 19, 1:31 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

The most straightforward way to fix it is to return the car using the normal process. The airport return agent will give you a receipt for the incorrect amount. Then take it inside and show them your original confirmation email and ask them to adjust it to match that. If you are short on time or don't want to bother with that, you can email Hertz customer service after the rental is completed (doing so before the car is returned is a waste of time) and they can adjust after the fact, but you may have to chase after them this way. It's better to handle it on the spot at return.
m907 and neo_781 like this.
Old Mar 9, 19, 1:39 am

try being billed 41 days extra, iím still going through the hellish process with Hertz.
Joonydell likes this.

Search this Thread