Charged on top of prepaid rate

Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
2 points:
2.) Prepaid gas is always a rip off because all the % taxes and fees get charged on the gas as well. Never a good deal, well maybe in MCO with an early morning departure, but that's it.
In general I agree but not in this case. Like I said it's $2.8ish everywhere in BZN, so even with taxes and fees their price is a fair bit lower.
The receipt actually lists it with (NT) remark for taxes, do maybe some fees aren't paid on that? Not sure. Still, with 18.5 gal tank I think I'm in the worst case breaking even if not coming out ahead.
This is off topic though, I still don't know how to get them to take away the extra $45 in Concession recovery fee -_-
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
2.) Prepaid gas is always a rip off because all the % taxes and fees get charged on the gas as well. Never a good deal, well maybe in MCO with an early morning departure, but that's it.
Prepaid fuel s ime, pretty much always a bad idea unless going to use the entire tank of petrol/diesel and can return the vehicle very close to empty , at which point it can be worth purchasing.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:51 pm

Brought it back on fumes, so definitely got a good deal. Even with all the fees, it was 40 cents per gallon less than gas stations in BZN.
Also the initial issue was solved by the Hertz PC customer service - they said there must have been a glitch in the booking process and that they'd refund me the difference.
I've really had solid experiences with the PC CS so far.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.