Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about Total Costs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Question about Total Costs

I have an upcoming reservation from Hertz, and I'm a little confused at the cost breakdown, and am hoping someone more familiar could explain this to me.

The "Base Rate" lists $271.28 for a week, and 33.91 for one extra day ($305.19). The site notes that included in that is the airport concession fee, vehicle licensing fee recovery, customer facility charge, state tourism assessment, and energy surcharge.

Then "Taxes" are listed as $34.42.

From this, I would think that the total rental costs should be $339.61, but "Amount to be paid at time of rent" is listed as $395.15.

Does anyone know what else is in that total number that isn't being accounted for anywhere?

Thanks for the help.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:42 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Hard to say without seeing the full breakdown. Can you copy/paste it here? Maybe some optional extra like GPS, insurance, or an underage fee? If you want to PM us your conf# and last name we'd be happy to take a look for you.
Joonydell likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.