IFAR always SIRIUSXM?

Old Feb 8, 19, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Am Elite, HH Diamond, BonVoy Gold Elite, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, StarAlliance Gold
IFAR always SIRIUSXM?

Hi i used the search and all the post regarding SIRIUSXM are older then 2014, so maybe someone knows?
what categories have siriusxm?
when checking the webpage i see Sirius on IFAR but not on more expensive PCARs?
if Sirius is mentioned in the category description (like IFAR) does this mean it is included in all cars, or does this simply mean you can get it as an upgrade in that category?
Old Feb 9, 19, 4:56 am

Almost all rental cars have a satellite antenna. It just depends on whether there's a subscription active or you have to pay for one. Usually the only way you get active SXM without paying for it is if the car is less than 3-6 months old and has a trial going.
doubter13 and AutoSlash like this.
Old Feb 12, 19, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by doubter13 View Post
Hi i used the search and all the post regarding SIRIUSXM are older then 2014, so maybe someone knows?
what categories have siriusxm?
when checking the webpage i see Sirius on IFAR but not on more expensive PCARs?
if Sirius is mentioned in the category description (like IFAR) does this mean it is included in all cars, or does this simply mean you can get it as an upgrade in that category?
I don't think SiriusXM is really dependent on the car category. In my recent experiences its more a function if the manufacturer offers satellite radio for that particular car. And then if that is the case, again in my experience, then Hertz usually has it for free (but I think you can also buy it as an add-on in case the subscription has expired for that particular car).
Old Feb 12, 19, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Am Elite, HH Diamond, BonVoy Gold Elite, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, StarAlliance Gold
this might actually the case these days....
for example: Full size does not have Sirius in the description but in the booking process you can add it.
Pickup has it in the description and you can't add it in the booking process

so i guess it is included if mentioned in the category
Old Feb 12, 19, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by doubter13 View Post
this might actually the case these days....
for example: Full size does not have Sirius in the description but in the booking process you can add it.
Pickup has it in the description and you can't add it in the booking process

so i guess it is included if mentioned in the category
I wonder if its the case if Hertz won't let you add it on the reservation but when you checkout at the gate if the car has SiriusXM (and its currently not activated), the agent can just activate it for you (and possibly charge)? Or maybe you're right that some classes automatically include it in the cost of the rental?
Old Feb 13, 19, 8:54 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
It blows my mind that SiriusXM doesn't just have a deal with all the rental car companies to just provide it in rental cars for no cost. Its great advertising for them.
Old Feb 13, 19, 9:56 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy View Post
It blows my mind that SiriusXM doesn't just have a deal with all the rental car companies to just provide it in rental cars for no cost. Its great advertising for them.
The issue is whether the automaker puts SiriusXM into those particular vehicles.
Old Feb 14, 19, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123 View Post
The issue is whether the automaker puts SiriusXM into those particular vehicles.
75% of new cars sold in the US have satellite radio.
Old Feb 14, 19, 6:28 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by m907 View Post
75% of new cars sold in the US have satellite radio.
Yup, will be nearly 80% by the end of the year. One thing is, the vehicles in rental fleets likely under-index that number, since (a) satradio skews toward higher trim levels, and (b) satradio skews toward higher-end vehicles and SUVs.
Joonydell likes this.

Search this Thread