Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

President's Circle Status not Appearing on Reservation

Old Jan 28, 19, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles; SPG; AAdvantage

I recently got National Executive Elite status through the Amex promotion, and then status matched to Hertz President's Circle. This was all confirmed and in my Hertz account it clearly states that I am a President's Circle member. I recently made a reservation for 2 weekend days, and reached out to the branch manager looking to request a specific upgrade. He said that my status is showing as a 'First time Gold member' with essentially no status. The reservation was made through my account (I have confirmed that). Does anyone know why this may be? Please let me know.

Thank you
Old Jan 28, 19, 10:11 am

You need to go in person and verify your documents before you get access to PC benefits. I think you should be able to go into a local branch and do it without a reservation.
redstormrising likes this.
Old Jan 28, 19, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Damn- did not know about that. Is there a site with more info on that process?
Old Jan 28, 19, 10:57 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Also, there is no "requesting a specific upgrade". As you found, it's not very hard to achieve PC. You and a gazillion other people are PC status. As a PC you are eligible to choose from the PC section of Ultimate Choice locations. At non-UC locations, it's a guranteed upgrade to a Premium car. That's it. No upgrade for other classes.

Reserve a Compact car, get an Intermediate car.
Reserve a Fullsize car, get a Premium car.
Reserve a Premium car, get a Premium car.
Reserve an Intermediate SUV, get an Intermediate SUV.

While I know you had hoped the branch manager would pull out all the stops and upgrade you to an awesome ride, it doesn't really work this way. While a branch manager might do something for a very frequent renter, by and large, they don't have the time or inclination to be bothered by requests like this. He was politely trying to tell you that. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I wanted to be straight with you here as sometimes mismatched expectations can lead to other issues.
Old Jan 28, 19, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips, but this specific branch manager is known on this site for often awarding complimentary upgrades to PC members. In fact, in his first email to me he confirmed that I would most likely be able to rent a Range Rover of some type; It is a non-UC location. I am also totally fine not being upgraded. but I figured why not try? Others experiences have been very positive.

My question is why is the status not showing up on my account, and how do I make it do so? It sounds like I may have to go in and present some documents. That is all fine, I just want to confirm that that's true.
Old Jan 28, 19, 11:34 am

@AutoSlash
The upgrade is only up to full-size per the T&C.
Old Jan 28, 19, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by klanfa View Post
@AutoSlash
The upgrade is only up to full-size per the T&C.
Thanks for the correction. I always get forget that the rules for Gold Plus Rewards award days and Business Rewards Certificates (which are both to a max of a PCAR) vs. the standard upgrade policy for Gold Plus Rewards members (which is to a max of an FCAR) are different.

As an aside, it is rather ridiculous, not to mention confusing, that the policies are not in sync, and that as a PC member, you can only get upgraded to an FCAR. Of course, at UC locations, the typical upgrade is far more generous, but the standard policy for any location should be at least up to a PCAR.
Old Jan 28, 19, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by redstormrising View Post
Thanks for the tips, but this specific branch manager is known on this site for often awarding complimentary upgrades to PC members. In fact, in his first email to me he confirmed that I would most likely be able to rent a Range Rover of some type; It is a non-UC location. I am also totally fine not being upgraded. but I figured why not try? Others experiences have been very positive.

My question is why is the status not showing up on my account, and how do I make it do so? It sounds like I may have to go in and present some documents. That is all fine, I just want to confirm that that's true.
If that's the case, then it's a very good location/manager indeed. I'd be curious where this is, but I'd understand if you didn't want to divulge.

It's most likely because you need to completely your first rental and have your credit card swiped. I'd also think that possibly because you have a grand total of zero rentals with Hertz and you got your PC status by status matching, that the manager might not be as generous with upgrades vs. someone who earned it the hard way, but hey, if he emailed you and told you he'd hook you up, lucky you.

Why don't you just complete your first rental and then report back. Things will likely be showing correctly then. If not, we can help diagnose.
Old Jan 28, 19, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Location is HNL. This will be my first rental (it's in mid-February) and I would really like to have the status showing prior to renting. I also understand the potential for less leeway due to status matching vs. earning organically, but again he didn't see that he couldn't upgrade me, he said that my account was showing as a regular Gold member. I think I'm going to call CS and see if they have any thoughts.
Old Jan 28, 19, 12:02 pm

Go go a quick 1-day rental at a neighborhood location. That will probably do it.
Old Jan 28, 19, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Just called in- it did have to do with it being my first rental but the agent said she could update it manually from her end over the phone. Will allegedly be complete in their system within the hour. Probably should have just called CS from the beginning but thanks everyone for the help.

Search this Thread