Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "(V4) RSAR Class American Muscle Car and (D2) SSAR Class" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

What have you all gotten?

This class is especially interesting because Hertz has re-classified like 5x in the past half year the American muscle cars, initially Dodge Challenger RT was the namesake of this V4 class, then it's name was excluded completely, and a separate D2 Dodge Challenger (or similar) class was made.

I am after a Camaro SS but it seems they don't really carry them anymore, judging by their used car sales arm's website.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by glostix

This class is especially interesting because Hertz has re-classified like 5x in the past half year the American muscle cars, initially Dodge Challenger RT was the namesake of this V4 class, then it's name was excluded completely, and a separate D2 Dodge Challenger (or similar) class was made.

I am after a Camaro SS but it seems they don't really carry them anymore, judging by their used car sales arm's website.
I can't answer your question yet, but I have a upcoming reservation at LAX for this class this week. I'll let you know what they have there.

As far as I understand it, the Challanger R/T model is in the V4 group, and the V6 Challanger is in the D2 group (or at least I hope so, as I could have booked D2 for much less money).
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:14 am

The Challenger is actually made in Canada. That's probably not why they reclassified it but...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:12 am

I have only gotten the R/T Challengers when booking that class.
Xg747 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F

What airport do you plan to rent at? Open to other rental companies?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
ive seen nationals lots packed with the R/T model for the past few months now, but havent seen too many at hertz.....at least not on the east coast
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

I hope it's not just a Chally RT, the name on Hertz's website is "Mustang GT/Camaro SS" (or similar). Would be kinda misleading (I know RT is similar but they changed the class name specifically not listing it).

Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
What airport do you plan to rent at? Open to other rental companies?
SFO. Open to other companies but I get the best prices with Hertz.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:33 am

I hope it's not just a Chally RT, the name on Hertz's website is "Mustang GT/Camaro SS" (or similar). Would be kinda misleading (I know RT is similar but they changed the class name specifically not listing it).
You're right, when I booked two weeks ago it actually still said something about the challanger, or at least I think it said something about it.
I'll have a look around the lot tomorrow night and post back.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F

SFO. Open to other companies but I get the best prices with Hertz.
I would try National or Avis too, Have seen a lot of Camero SS and Mustang 5.0 and been readily offered them on premium/luxury reservation. Have also seen R/T cars on Executive Aisle and Presidents Circle selection areas.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
How's been this category selection at MCO? Just booked for 8 days in May, expecting to get a Mustang GT or Challenger RT. Let's see what comes.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by gusdalcolmo
How's been this category selection at MCO? Just booked for 8 days in May, expecting to get a Mustang GT or Challenger RT. Let's see what comes.
MCO is one of the, if not the, biggest rental market in the country. I have a one way rental I will be returning there as I fly to SAN in a few weeks. I will try to make a walk by the Hertz area ( this rental with National) and report back
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
MCO is one of the, if not the, biggest rental market in the country. I have a one way rental I will be returning there as I fly to SAN in a few weeks. I will try to make a walk by the Hertz area ( this rental with National) and report back
Great, thank you! Was looking for a Vette, but did not find any available there. Just want to have a guaranteed V8, either the Chally or Stang, and not get downgraded to a V6 or anything else. Think that being a PC may help.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:36 pm

Great, thank you! Was looking for a Vette, but did not find any available there. Just want to have a guaranteed V8, either the Chally or Stang, and not get downgraded to a V6 or anything else. Think that being a PC may help.
No problem. I frequent the Orlando area and see lots of Corvettes from both National and Avis around. What are your dates of travel and how much is your quote for the car you currently have reserved?
gusdalcolmo likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:01 pm

No problem. I frequent the Orlando area and see lots of Corvettes from both National and Avis around. What are your dates of travel and how much is your quote for the car you currently have reserved?
I've tried both National (including Enterprise exotics) and Avis, but the Corvettes are unavailable at both, as well as Hertz. I'll be arriving at May 6 and stay through May 13. Got actually a good quote at Hertz for the V4 RSAR class - US$ 293 (without insurances) for the whole term.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:24 pm

I've tried both National (including Enterprise exotics) and Avis, but the Corvettes are unavailable at both, as well as Hertz. I'll be arriving at May 6 and stay through May 13. Got actually a good quote at Hertz for the V4 RSAR class - US$ 293 (without insurances) for the whole term.
Just searched really fast, Avis has Corvette available but its about another $500, I would say youre getting a great deal at $300 for a week in a nice car as is so would just keep that.
gusdalcolmo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.