Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "(V4) RSAR Class American Muscle Car and (D2) SSAR Class" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "(V4) RSAR Class American Muscle Car and (D2) SSAR Class" Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Do PCs get upgraded from these RSAR cars or not?
Old May 4, 2019, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Do PCs get upgraded from these RSAR cars or not?
Not as a matter of policy.
Old May 5, 2019, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by m907
Not as a matter of policy.
Thanks.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
Had reservations at MIA and MCO for the same V4-RSAR class and I think that Hertz got a new fleet in.

At MIA got a fully loaded white Camaro 2SS 2019/20 with only 1k miles on the clock. Had sunroof, leather seats, 20" inch wheels and all other bells and whistles.

At MCO got a silver Mustang GT which I think is base model but with leather seats and a variable exhaust, but only with 100 miles on the clock. Found out that was the 2nd rental of the car since it arrived on their lot.

Turned out very satisfied.

Last edited by gusdalcolmo; May 10, 2019 at 7:35 pm
Old May 11, 2019, 7:43 am

I currently have a 2019 Camaro SS out of DFW. It’s a bada$$ car that absolutely loves to drink gas.

Good thing the gas costs ~$2.50/gal around here.

mradey, gusdalcolmo and Kore like this.

Last edited by radiolarian; May 11, 2019 at 8:08 am
Old May 11, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by radiolarian
I currently have a 2019 Camaro SS out of DFW. It’s a bada$$ car that absolutely loves to drink gas.

Good thing the gas costs ~$2.50/gal around here.

I don’t know if it’s marked on the IP anywhere, but the SS recommends premium (93) gasoline.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 17, 2019 at 5:13 am Reason: removed image from quote
Old May 23, 2019, 12:42 pm

I rented Hertz Adrenaline Collection V4 out of EWR on Sunday. I got a White Camaro SS. I saw at least one other identical Camaro while walking to mine. Very happy as I wanted an extended test drive of this car.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 1:14 am

May 2019 - here is what I got today...

Short answer is 2019 Challenger R/T ... Reservation was for Adrenaline Collection, Camaro SS, Mustang GT or similar (picture was showing Challenger as a third option).

Longer story is: I got confirmation as Gold member to proceed to stall and pick up the challenger car... I asked if they had any hard top camaro’s (this was on Chicago Ohare terminal with Hertz) and I got the answer that they will look into it... after 15-20 minutes of checking I was told that there was a convertible camaro SS, but it is a different class... I still asked if they can check for hard top camaro ss, but no luck on finding one on the lot... so while they did not have one on the lot, and challenger was it for me I asked even for hard top if it was part of the V4 group, and I was told no... camaro SS was not part of v4 group and would not be able to get one under same pricing... further they stated I could get a camaro under v4 group but it would not be SS one... they did not know if 8t was turbo 4cyl or v6 version...

since they did not have hardtop Camaro SS, or they did not want to tell me, I showed my reservation telling them that hertz.com website has it differently... camaro ss and mustang gt were actually part of v4 adrenaline collection, and they were surprised to see my confirmation from hertz... well, spent almost half an hour waiting on them to check, and gave up the hunt for camaro ss hars top, and drove off in nice challenger 2019 with 1770 miles on the odometer...

If they had camaro ss hard top, I would have gotten that, paid whatever charge extra is to my original reservation, enjoy it, pay all, and them call corporate to get my money reimbursed whatever the difference was because of 5e upcharge... since that was not the case, I asked how much would be for camaro ss convertible, and it was $100... I initially said yeah lets go with that one, but receipt got printed, and I saw $400 additonal price hike... so yeah, $100 PER DAY EXTRA ... no, thanks but no thanks... went w challenger for $232 for 4 calendar days (96hrs) as U had some discounts, it was a weekend plus one day rental for wuick weekend gateway ...

all in all Chicago ohare apparently does “not” have hard top Camaro SS, but likely bunch of Challenger R/Ts ... so if you count on getting Gat or SS, do not expect that you will be getting one, but instead challenger awaits...

too bad, I really wanted SS, but have to admit sound and power of R/T is oretty decent too ... so not bad overall
Old May 27, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Xg747
Short answer is 2019 Challenger R/T ... Reservation was for Adrenaline Collection, Camaro SS, Mustang GT or similar (picture was showing Challenger as a third option).

Longer story is: I got confirmation as Gold member to proceed to stall and pick up the challenger car... I asked if they had any hard top camaro’s (this was on Chicago Ohare terminal with Hertz) and I got the answer that they will look into it... after 15-20 minutes of checking I was told that there was a convertible camaro SS, but it is a different class... I still asked if they can check for hard top camaro ss, but no luck on finding one on the lot... so while they did not have one on the lot, and challenger was it for me I asked even for hard top if it was part of the V4 group, and I was told no... camaro SS was not part of v4 group and would not be able to get one under same pricing... further they stated I could get a camaro under v4 group but it would not be SS one... they did not know if 8t was turbo 4cyl or v6 version...

since they did not have hardtop Camaro SS, or they did not want to tell me, I showed my reservation telling them that hertz.com website has it differently... camaro ss and mustang gt were actually part of v4 adrenaline collection, and they were surprised to see my confirmation from hertz... well, spent almost half an hour waiting on them to check, and gave up the hunt for camaro ss hars top, and drove off in nice challenger 2019 with 1770 miles on the odometer...

If they had camaro ss hard top, I would have gotten that, paid whatever charge extra is to my original reservation, enjoy it, pay all, and them call corporate to get my money reimbursed whatever the difference was because of 5e upcharge... since that was not the case, I asked how much would be for camaro ss convertible, and it was $100... I initially said yeah lets go with that one, but receipt got printed, and I saw $400 additonal price hike... so yeah, $100 PER DAY EXTRA ... no, thanks but no thanks... went w challenger for $232 for 4 calendar days (96hrs) as U had some discounts, it was a weekend plus one day rental for wuick weekend gateway ...

all in all Chicago ohare apparently does “not” have hard top Camaro SS, but likely bunch of Challenger R/Ts ... so if you count on getting Gat or SS, do not expect that you will be getting one, but instead challenger awaits...

too bad, I really wanted SS, but have to admit sound and power of R/T is oretty decent too ... so not bad overall
FWIW, I had a Camaro SS convertible at LAS a few years ago, and it was class U4. The coupes (Camaro SS / Challenger RT / Mustang GT) should all be the same class as each other but not the same as the convertibles. Bummer they couldn’t find you a hardtop Camaro, but I like the Challengers too.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:26 am

Member: PC. Place: CLT (Charlotte, NC),
Booked: (V4) Mustang GT/Camaro SS
Received: (U4) Chevy Camaro SS Convertible

Arrived at CLT on Saturday morning, there were 4 cars in front of parking lots: 3 Camaro SS convertible and 1 Challenger Hemi.
I'm supposed to get the challenger and hertz staff also said this challenger is brand new! maybe only ~5 miles. But I asked if I could ride with convertible.
Done. Got a 2019 camaro ss convertible with only ~1200 miles.

Return on Sunday afternoon, I saw at least 3-4 camaros, not sure model, but some were convertible.
Pretty good selection @CLT Hertz, much better than National.
gusdalcolmo and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Any more recent experiences in the Western US? SFO all the way to Montana/Wyoming
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: Hertz Gold, BAEC
I'm going to pick up in RSAR reservation at ORD in a couple of weeks time, what type of vehicle are people seeing here? I'm hoping for a Camaro SS or the very rare to Challenger R/T scat pack
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy
I'm going to pick up in RSAR reservation at ORD in a couple of weeks time, what type of vehicle are people seeing here? I'm hoping for a Camaro SS or the very rare to Challenger R/T scat pack
​​​​​​At ORD, you're pretty much all but guaranteed a base Challenger RT. Maybe one with a sunroof. I personally haven't seen any SS at ORD and have never seen the Scat Pack at Hertz in general. Although, I have seen a lot of SS Camaros and GT mustangs at IND recently some of which have Illinois plates. YMMV
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Hertz Gold, BAEC
Originally Posted by tb17
​​​​​​At ORD, you're pretty much all but guaranteed a base Challenger RT. Maybe one with a sunroof. I personally haven't seen any SS at ORD and have never seen the Scat Pack at Hertz in general. Although, I have seen a lot of SS Camaros and GT mustangs at IND recently some of which have Illinois plates. YMMV
Thanks for the reply ^

I'll have to just keep my fingers crossed one of the Illinois plate cars makes it's way to ORD then as as the R/T just isn't on the same level IMO
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: Hilton honors, sas eurobonus, Hertz 5 star, Amex, Marriot
Going on vacation to Orlando for 21 days, reserve American Muscle Group V4 RSAR at MCO. have no change the booking to RTAR (U4) Chevy Camaro SS Convertible or similar.
wonder what car I'M gonna get?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.