Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "(V4) RSAR Class American Muscle Car and (D2) SSAR Class" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "(V4) RSAR Class American Muscle Car and (D2) SSAR Class" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by gusdalcolmo
How's been this category selection at MCO? Just booked for 8 days in May, expecting to get a Mustang GT or Challenger RT. Let's see what comes.
Unfortunately, when I was there at MCO I was running a bit later then I planned and my return vehicle was with National so I did not have a chance to trek over to Hertz to check them out for you. Being that htis is one of the, if not the biggest rental location in the country I am sure it will work out for you!
gusdalcolmo likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
Unfortunately, when I was there at MCO I was running a bit later then I planned and my return vehicle was with National so I did not have a chance to trek over to Hertz to check them out for you. Being that htis is one of the, if not the biggest rental location in the country I am sure it will work out for you!
No worries!!! Thanks for reminding, anyway!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:34 am
Original Poster

At SFO last week reserved U4 aka RTAR aka "Camaro SS convertible or similar" and got Mustang GT convertible as expected.
But walking around I did see 2 V4 aka RSAR cars, 1x Challenger RT w/Arizona plates, 1x dark blue Mustang GT coupe +Performance Pack +Recaro Racing Seats w/Nevada plates, about 17k miles on the clock.

I've seen another similarly optioned out white Mustang GT Performance Pack at the LAS location, so it seems Nevada/Las Vegas gets the racy Mustang hardtops.
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by glostix
At SFO last week reserved U4 aka RTAR aka "Camaro SS convertible or similar" and got Mustang GT convertible as expected.
But walking around I did see 2 V4 aka RSAR cars, 1x Challenger RT w/Arizona plates, 1x dark blue Mustang GT coupe +Performance Pack +Recaro Racing Seats w/Nevada plates, about 17k miles on the clock.

I've seen another similarly optioned out white Mustang GT Performance Pack at the LAS location, so it seems Nevada/Las Vegas gets the racy Mustang hardtops.
From what I’ve seen from before all the 2018 were the loaded performance pack GT and I haven’t seen a single 2019 with performance pack. The only cool thing about he 2019 GT is that they have electronic gauge cluster.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: Hertz PC
At IND this weekend, there were 3 Camaro SS cars lined up next to each other, and one black on black one parked in front of the gold booth. It appears they're becoming more common in this region.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tb17
At IND this weekend, there were 3 Camaro SS cars lined up next to each other, and one black on black one parked in front of the gold booth. It appears they're becoming more common in this region.
Count me jealous, I e-mailed someone at Hertz who confirmed they basically don't exist on the West Coast--the natural habitat for a car like the Camaro SS.
Meanwhile the cold and snowy midwest and East Coast gets plenty.

It totally befuddles me. Maybe intentional to reduce mileage.
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:22 pm

Count me jealous, I e-mailed someone at Hertz who confirmed they basically don't exist on the West Coast--the natural habitat for a car like the Camaro SS.

Have you ever left the west coast? Most of the country is only snowy for 3 months or so.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hertz PC

This past weekend at IND, I saw another 3 convertibles and 4 hard top Camaros. All SS. In addition, there were a lot more challengers than usual. I asked the agent at the desk and he said they get all of the fast cars shipped here as we get closer to Indy500 race weekend.
jtav559 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Just reserved at ORD (RSAR). I just recently obtained PC through a CC. Lets see what I get.

If it sucks I might just ask for a C63.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:59 pm

I've just booked and prepaid a Mustang GT / Camaro SS or similar for 8 days in June from LAX. 490$ incl. insurance. I think it's a good deal.

I hope i can make an upgrade to a convertible on arrival, hopefully i can manage to get a Corvette C7, i had one in 2017, nice car!

I'll keep you updated when we get to June what i've got and if I had to pay anything for the upgrade.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:11 am

I have reserved "RSAR" at LAX .. 2 weeks 580$ incl. insurance.

Hopefully we get a GT or SS as an convertible.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Max Kapunkt
I have reserved "RSAR" at LAX .. 2 weeks 580$ incl. insurance.

Hopefully we get a GT or SS as an convertible.
What season did you reserve? $580 for 2wk sounds amazing
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:32 pm

Quick question.

I have reserved a Mustang GT / Camaro SS RSAR for 470$, 8 days in June from LAX.

I hoped to get an upgrade to at least the same cars in convertible, or a Stingray Convertible.

I can now book the GT / SS convertible for 681$ for the same period.

Do you guys think there would be a chance to get this upgrade cheaper on arrival ? It¨'s 27,6$ more pr. day prebooking, and I was hoping for maybe a 20$ upgrade fee pr. day.

Whats your experience ? Should i book i higher class and hope to get the Stingray, or are my chances as good with a RSAR booking ?

Thanks! Martin
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:56 pm

What season did you reserve? $580 for 2wk sounds amazing

May 2. till 16. :-)

Next month
Old May 2, 2019, 10:12 pm

So,
We get a dodge challenger RT Hemi.

In Lax they offered us a mustang convertible but without v8 engine.
So we took the challenger and u really need no music in the car anymore :-)
mradey and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.