Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "(V4) RSAR Class American Muscle Car and (D2) SSAR Class" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "(V4) RSAR Class American Muscle Car and (D2) SSAR Class" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
Just searched really fast, Avis has Corvette available but its about another $500, I would say youre getting a great deal at $300 for a week in a nice car as is so would just keep that.
Yeah, the quote was really good. Just checked that out and, don’t know why, but when I search at Avis indicating that I live in Brazil, the Vette doesn’t show up, but selecting US as residence, it does.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

$293 for 8 days in a v8 sports car is a great deal indeed. Let us know you get (and what's available)!
gusdalcolmo and Joonydell like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by edoa
I can't answer your question yet, but I have a upcoming reservation at LAX for this class this week. I'll let you know what they have there.

As far as I understand it, the Challanger R/T model is in the V4 group, and the V6 Challanger is in the D2 group (or at least I hope so, as I could have booked D2 for much less money).

What cars have you managed to see? I am after a Camaro SS either convertible or hardtop, I have an upcoming booking at LAX in two weeks, I booked a Standard Elite Convertible Group U4 RTAR (Chevy Camaro SS Convertible or similar) but as everyone is saying it looks like they do not have Camaro SS's anymore, I'm so confused. Also thinking to change my booking and get the V4 RSAR group if I know I could get a Camaro SS in there. I'm sorry for my english, Thank you.

Last edited by Maurizio92; Feb 11, 2019 at 8:02 am
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:00 am

Standard Elite Convertible Group U4 RTAR / V4 RSAR (LAX)

Has anyone being able to get a Camaro SS convertible when booking this class? I have an upcoming booking at LAX in two weeks and opinions are different, as everyone says that Hertz do not have camaro SS's anymore, however I just read a post in here with someone saying they do have Camaro SS's now. I'm aslo thinking to change my reservation to a V4 RSAR class, if I know I could have a camaro SS hardtop, has anyone got a camaro SS when booking this class? Any help would be appreciated. I'm sorry for my English, thank you.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Hey Maurizio, Hertz told me LAX and San Diego are the only West Coast locations that have Camaro SS's, they didn't specify if convertible or hardtop.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Maurizio92
What cars have you managed to see? I am after a Camaro SS either convertible or hardtop, I have an upcoming booking at LAX in two weeks, I booked a Standard Elite Convertible Group U4 RTAR (Chevy Camaro SS Convertible or similar) but as everyone is saying it looks like they do not have Camaro SS's anymore, I'm so confused. Also thinking to change my booking and get the V4 RSAR group if I know I could get a Camaro SS in there. I'm sorry for my english, Thank you.
I've seen the Camaro SS at National occasionally, usually as a paid upgrade though.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by m907
I've seen the Camaro SS at National occasionally, usually as a paid upgrade though.
likewise, i have seen them at numerous National locations. boy do those things look mean!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by glostix
Hey Maurizio, Hertz told me LAX and San Diego are the only West Coast locations that have Camaro SS's, they didn't specify if convertible or hardtop.
did they specify what year?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by glostix
Are they hardtop or convertibles?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:40 am

Are they hardtop or convertibles?
Why don't you try reading his post? "they didn't specify if convertible or hardtop"
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by m907
Why don't you try reading his post? "they didn't specify if convertible or hardtop"
I'm very sorry, I was really tired from work yesterday

Originally Posted by Joonydell
did they specify what year?
When I called them, they said all the cars they have are 12-24 months old max.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 12, 2019 at 5:07 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:53 am

I'm very sorry, I was really tired from work yesterday
Don't worry, I know that feeling!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:21 am

GL(S) vs. Evoque ... Challenger V8 vs American Muscle Car

Guys itīs us again with a "what have you seen" question ;-)

For our upcoming vacation we placed a very bargain reservation with Hertz MIA for explicitly a Mercs GLS450 or similar (thatīs what their little Group picture was showing). After checking again on the reservation the first time, the picture of the car was gone, my thinking then, so what. After checking again on the reservation, they changed the reference car to Range Rovers Evoque (but still showing 7 seats, I donīt know if this car is even offered as a seven seater). Besides that seat question, we need room for the families luggage. I didnīt want to let go on that good rate and contacted Hertz with the dilemma and they came back to me with the answer that they wouldnīt know about any GLS choice in the system and the reserved car type would be in the Evoque Group of cars. I donīt know why I am still renting time after time with them (ok I do know, itīs because of my companysī rate ;-)) but again the reservation is a mess.

Now first question to all of you renting guys, what cars have you been assigned in the Evoque Group recently (maybe especially at MIA location) and for the GL(S) renters around, did you really get a GL (they stopped calling them so in 2015) instead of a GLS or what do they refer to as "similar" in this group of cars ?

Now to make things more funny, as from my previous posts here, we are a car or motor family and again, we rented as an addition to the mercs an Dodge Challenger V8 (adrenalin type of reservation, reserve this exact car) they changed, again without prior notice, the group denomination to American Muscle (what is definitely fine with me) but do you have a clue which cars fall under this description or what is likely to be expected to be assigned (that rental will be out of RSW location) ?

Guys, thank you for helping us out here
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: NW GE
American Muscle will be Dodge Challenger R/T, Camaro SS or Mustang GT, if they have any of those on the lot. Otherwise they'll try to tell you that a v6 charger is equivalent or a Jeep wrangler is an "upgrade" and you'll have to argue and probably leave disappointed.
m907 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:36 pm

No V6 and No Jeep for us .... is this something they really try ? In that case I will safe my points and leave smiling at them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.