Wiki Posts
Search

How to make sure to get 4wd?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW GE
How to make sure to get 4wd?

Have an upcoming reservation at SLC for a ski trip and don't see any option to ensure a 4wd/awd vehicle. The only potentials are the small, intermediate, full-size SUV, but I know many of these are just FWD versions of these. Any way to make sure to get 4WD/AWD? I guess I can just do a small or intermediate SUV res and hope for the best, and keep a F backup to make sure that I could take something better from UC, if available. Arriving late at night so suspect the pickings will be pretty slim.

Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:11 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Typically the only vehicle 100% guaranteed to be 4WD/AWD is a Jeep. Some Intermediate SUVs are, but your chances are probably better reserving a Standard SUV if there isn't a big price differential as we've observed that more SFARs typically have 4WD/AWD than IFARs. This post from our blog may also be helpful to you:

Why It is So Hard to Get a 4WD or AWD Rental Car
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW GE
Thanks for the quick reply! Good idea on the Jeep!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.