Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fair resolution (no cars; Prestige collection to Altima)

Old Jan 11, 19, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat

Hi all

I had a reservation for a Prestige Collection vehicle in San Diego, a couple days after Christmas.

Upon arrival at the rental desk at a local hotel, I and several other people who had assembled there were told that there simply weren't any cars available. Let alone the Q50/Merc C class or Caddy that I was really looking forward to driving away in.

After waiting there for about 2 hours, I was lucky enough to get a vehicle, a Nissan Altima, which I think falls under full size.

When I was making the reservation, the Prestige Collection class I reserved was actually a bit cheaper than the full-size class, if I remember correctly. All in all, I am glad I actually got a car, and an adequate one at that, even though I HATE CVT transmissions.

If I call to complain and try to get something for the trouble (mostly annoyance to be honest, and a bit of an inconvenience), what if anything should I expect to be entitled to?

Thank you
Old Jan 11, 19, 11:58 am

Programs: Hertz President Circle, National Executive Elite.
If I call to complain and try to get something for the trouble (mostly annoyance to be honest, and a bit of an inconvenience), what if anything should I expect to be entitled to?

[/QUOTE]

Just give CS a call and explain the same thing to them, most likely it'll be rental credits if you're a Gold member, or a just certificate ranging from $25 up. There's not a set value, but sometimes you can tell them exactly what you'd like. I would just insist on points for a prestige rental since that's what you were expecting.
Old Jan 11, 19, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Thanks!

It was a 2-day rental. Just got off the phone with CS. $50 certificate and 100 points. Pretty satisfied all things considered.

(Five Star by virtue of AmEx Plat membership; about a dozen rentals a year)
Joonydell likes this.

Search this Thread