Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mustang convertible

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Mustang convertible

I have booked a mustang convertible for 2019 in Orlando. Does anyone know what trim level they normally are?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
seeing that it is almost the new year and hertz is prob getting their new fleet in, i doubt you can put your finger down on a particular trim.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:13 pm

I have had several 2018s around the country this year, and. '19 a couple of weeks ago at SAN. All were ecoBoost Premium with the optional 10 speed automatic transmission. I have seen GTs on the lot occasionally, but only in the Premium upgrade section.

The ecoBoosts are surprisingly peppy for a heavy car with a 4 cyl turbo.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I have had several 2018s around the country this year, and. '19 a couple of weeks ago at SAN. All were ecoBoost Premium with the optional 10 speed automatic transmission. I have seen GTs on the lot occasionally, but only in the Premium upgrade section.

The ecoBoosts are surprisingly peppy for a heavy car with a 4 cyl turbo.
Almost all that I've seen in any rental fleet are turbo-4s in premium with leather.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

An ecoboost premium would put a smile on my face! Just as it has sync3 with Apple CarPlay.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: NW GE
Got assigned a 5.0 GT convertible at OGG back in August as PC with a U reservation.

Doesn't look like they distinguish the GT from the 4cyl, like did they did with the Camaro 4cyl versus SS being a separate bookable Adrenaline collection class. Going back to OGG in a week, and hoping for another GT
Alclayno likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by Lyaec350
Got assigned a 5.0 GT convertible at OGG back in August as PC with a U reservation.

Doesn't look like they distinguish the GT from the 4cyl, like did they did with the Camaro 4cyl versus SS being a separate bookable Adrenaline collection class. Going back to OGG in a week, and hoping for another GT
Had an Avis one way rental several months back for P cars, they were slim but had a Mustang Coupe with leather, said it was fine (no interest in a convertible for highway driving or during summer in FL lol) as I just wanted to get going and saw that it looked brand new. They had several others all with the same wheels but noticed others were 5.0 as I was leaving. Lot attendant offered to switch me but would have to re-do paperwork so I said no thanks to get on my way. Same class also!
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Lyaec350

That's a good deal. The GT is so much better. The 2018 turbo-4 is better than the 2015 but it's still a turbo-4. You can't beat a V8 and less than 5 seconds to 60.
strickerj and Joonydell like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
the GT 5.0 is day and night different than all the other models they have. i would have switched in a heart beat.
Alclayno likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: NW GE
Definitely, sounds great and definitely quick. Too bad the number of roads on Maui with posted speed limit greater than 45 mph is approximately 2.
Joonydell likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.