FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Mustang convertible (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1948255-mustang-convertible.html)

Wadda Dec 30, 2018 9:32 pm

Mustang convertible

I have booked a mustang convertible for 2019 in Orlando. Does anyone know what trim level they normally are?

Joonydell Dec 31, 2018 2:58 pm

seeing that it is almost the new year and hertz is prob getting their new fleet in, i doubt you can put your finger down on a particular trim.

Qwkynuf Dec 31, 2018 5:13 pm

I have had several 2018s around the country this year, and. '19 a couple of weeks ago at SAN. All were ecoBoost Premium with the optional 10 speed automatic transmission. I have seen GTs on the lot occasionally, but only in the Premium upgrade section.

The ecoBoosts are surprisingly peppy for a heavy car with a 4 cyl turbo.

m907 Dec 31, 2018 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf (Post 30593207)
I have had several 2018s around the country this year, and. '19 a couple of weeks ago at SAN. All were ecoBoost Premium with the optional 10 speed automatic transmission. I have seen GTs on the lot occasionally, but only in the Premium upgrade section.

The ecoBoosts are surprisingly peppy for a heavy car with a 4 cyl turbo.

Almost all that I've seen in any rental fleet are turbo-4s in premium with leather.

Wadda Dec 31, 2018 6:52 pm

An ecoboost premium would put a smile on my face! Just as it has sync3 with Apple CarPlay.

Lyaec350 Jan 3, 2019 10:12 am

Got assigned a 5.0 GT convertible at OGG back in August as PC with a U reservation.

Doesn't look like they distinguish the GT from the 4cyl, like did they did with the Camaro 4cyl versus SS being a separate bookable Adrenaline collection class. Going back to OGG in a week, and hoping for another GT :)

bmw745ion19s Jan 3, 2019 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Lyaec350 (Post 30604578)
Got assigned a 5.0 GT convertible at OGG back in August as PC with a U reservation.

Doesn't look like they distinguish the GT from the 4cyl, like did they did with the Camaro 4cyl versus SS being a separate bookable Adrenaline collection class. Going back to OGG in a week, and hoping for another GT :)

Had an Avis one way rental several months back for P cars, they were slim but had a Mustang Coupe with leather, said it was fine (no interest in a convertible for highway driving or during summer in FL lol) as I just wanted to get going and saw that it looked brand new. They had several others all with the same wheels but noticed others were 5.0 as I was leaving. Lot attendant offered to switch me but would have to re-do paperwork so I said no thanks to get on my way. Same class also!

m907 Jan 3, 2019 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Lyaec350 (Post 30604578)

That's a good deal. The GT is so much better. The 2018 turbo-4 is better than the 2015 but it's still a turbo-4. You can't beat a V8 and less than 5 seconds to 60.

Joonydell Jan 5, 2019 9:43 pm

the GT 5.0 is day and night different than all the other models they have. i would have switched in a heart beat.

Lyaec350 Jan 6, 2019 8:03 am

Definitely, sounds great and definitely quick. Too bad the number of roads on Maui with posted speed limit greater than 45 mph is approximately 2.