Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Denied Car Class Booked Because of Snow Tires - Where to complain

Denied Car Class Booked Because of Snow Tires - Where to complain

Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Which is exactly my point. Hertz hasn't defined how these categories interrelate, which undermines their ability to make a claim post hoc that this wasn't a downgrade.
no - it doesn't --- Hertz is the one party that can determine what order it associates with its vehicles

There is enough to indicate that a midsize SUV is not a downgrade based on the descriptions given and pricing

If the OP feels that he can justify that it is not in line with what should have been provided he can check with Customer Service and if not happy with its response can even take to to a small claims court - or could even have refused the vehicle and gone elsewhere
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
This is operating under the assumption that an SUV always constitutes an upgrade from a sedan, something I'd disagree with. I suppose an argument can be made that a midsize SUV should be considered an upgrade from a midsize sedan, but should a B4 be considered an "upgrade" from an I reservation (Luxury sedan)? I certainly wouldn't think so. This was from a Standard (D) sedan reservation, so, for it to be an upgrade, it should at least be to a vehicle in the same position or higher in the SUV heirarchy than the Standard is in the sedan heirarchy, which would be to a F4 or better.
No, it's not always an upgrade. A B4/Q4 is actually a downgrade from an F (a G is too according to some management, but, that's another story). The highest thing that would be an upgrade to a B4/Q4 is a D. Over that, an F goes into an L and a G goes into a T.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ummmwhat
No, it's not always an upgrade. A B4/Q4 is actually a downgrade from an F (a G is too according to some management, but, that's another story). The highest thing that would be an upgrade to a B4/Q4 is a D. Over that, an F goes into an L and a G goes into a T.
I rented at YYZ once and prior to their Ultimate Choice service, I was upgraded from F to Q4 (Nissan Rogue). Made a fuss about it because I didnt want nor need an SUV. Was instead assigned D Jetta, which I rejected because it was old, 40,000km. Then I got an F Optima which was also 40,000km. I didnt have time to waste so I left. When I returned, the same G, I, and P4 vehicles that were in the lot with dust on them were still in the same stalls; I made sure the manager knew my distaste with the service being the worst in my life. At least I got partial credit for this rental.
strickerj and Joonydell like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.