License Suspension and Car Rental

Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

License Suspension and Car Rental

Do car rental companies in TN run your drivers license to see if it's suspended? I forgot about a speeding ticket from a few years back in another state, and they suspended my license for non payment of fines. I just paid everything, but will not have time to get all the paperwork in order to have my license reinstated before I have to rent a car.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:53 pm

my friend rented a car from Hertz back in August not knowing his DL was suspended and got pulled over, had to drive him home after his roadside stop. I don’t think they do to be honest.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It has nothing to do with Tennessee. The answer is "yes" but the system is imperfect. So, you might possibly beat the system and get the vehicle. You must nonetheless plan on not being able to drive the vehicle. So what is Plan B?

However, it is beyond foolish to drive with a suspended license. Both because you are risking arrest (and conviction) and because any insurance you have may be void as to the rental if you are unfortunate enough to injure someone or cause damage to the rental or anything else.
trooper, m907, strickerj and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:34 pm

I'd be way more worried about the liability/insurance complications if anything was to happen...
m907, strickerj and TerryK like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Which state is your license suspended in? If it's not the state you're driving in (or the state your license is in), it might not be legal, but you may not be in danger?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.