Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Fast Lane powered by CLEAR (TM)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2020, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Perhaps CLEAR wasn't scalable enough? After all, you still have to go to an enrollment location (mostly at a select subset of airports) to finish setup, something that might be challenging for a lot of people at the moment. I guess we'll see if Hertz comes out with their own biometric-type identity system to replace it.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
[QUOTE=tarheelnj;32502744][QUOTE]Thanks Hertz ....

Thank you for being a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® member. We are taking the time to improve our customers' experience and have discontinued Hertz Fast Lane. We’ve unlinked your Gold Plus Rewards account from your CLEAR account.

I got the same note today. Remind me how discontinuing Fast Lane improves my customer experience?

Hertz is just adopting "airline speak."

Taking away a benefit is improving the customer experience.

Now, if they were using "full airline speak" they would have said "We've heard your requests, so we are doing away with Fast Lane in order to improve your customer experience..."
Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by Hotshot
has anyone had that the clear computer should call an attendant or not release the vehicle due to underage.
Im 22 years old and am a pc member, recently had a reservation at PHL and grabbed a Chrysler 300 from five star section, upon exit gate the agent claimed that I cannot leave with it as it’s a luxury/premium and I am underage for that vehicle, called a manager and he said “there’s no way you are leaving the lot with a premium vehicle” I tried showing him the hertz underage terms which clearly state that you can rent that class (I), but to no avail.
So the real question is will CLEAR locations solve the issue of these rogue agents or does every location have control over their CLEAR system?
I'm curious, where in Hertz's terms does it say you can rent up to I?
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hertz Pc National EE
Originally Posted by m907
I'm curious, where in Hertz's terms does it say you can rent up to I?
So this is the general language of Hertz regarding under 25 drivers, " What cars can I rent when under 25? Hertz renters under the age of 25 may rent any car except those from the Dream Cars, Prestige, and Adrenaline collections, and certain specialty vehicles."
Here, shorturl.at/cmT01 it states clearly all vehicle classes that are available for drivers 20 and up for a daily underage fee, or in my case without one since I used codes that removed that fee.
(the system would not let me post it as a link, just copy and paste)
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.